CS #674 - Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Chris
Phanks Paul. Here's the Texture of Breakfast:
textureofbreakfast.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not my breakfast though :confused:

Real Name
Paul
Trying new textures and combinations...
theo-7mos-5269.jpg

Theo was trying a peas, chicken, and squash mix. He also had some banana pieces and some hard boiled egg yolk Saturday evening. Some interesting expressions with some of the food. No hand slamming that night though (he does that when he gets real excited - like with oatmeal or when crawling).

Of course, Charley is always ready to assist, with eating, and cleanup (hands, face, floor, spoons), as needed... :)
theo-7mos-5261.jpg

Last edited:
You may have noticed the absence of textured pictures from me in a CS that started. Apologies, but that will now change. I had small fall in my kitchen on Thursday night, slick floors (from flour from the baking I'd done earlier in the day). Long story short, I ended up with a bit of whiplash from landing hard in my butt, and for the past 2-3 days my neck has been painful and limited my actions. I tried to convince my physician that it was a mere "neck sprain" ; she said Medicare would rather I didn't but they would be willing to cover whiplash. I said, ok a minor whiplash! I'm much better now, took no drugs, lots of heat and cold compresses and lots of rest.

1. Dried starfish is all texture. Early afternoon light.
Tex001_DxO.jpg

2. Pine needle basket from one of the NW Indian tribes.

Tex005_DxO.jpg

3. Fake texture, from a 1970's faux wood paneling. I hate this stuff!

Tex009_DxO.jpg

Trying new textures and combinations...
View attachment 1649731
Theo was trying a peas, chicken, and squash mix. He also had some banana pieces and some hard boiled egg yolk Saturday evening. Some interesting expressions with some of the food. No hand slamming that night though (he does that when he gets real excited - like with oatmeal or when crawling).

Of course, Charley is always ready to assist, with eating, and cleanup (hands, face, floor, spoons), as needed... :)
View attachment 1649732

Lovely images, Paul. Textured food and kids - - tough times introducing the 2 to each other!

I was hiking the Virgin Narrows in Zion with Greg last Thursday.....I will admit that it was probably the last time I will be able to do that!! It was very hard. I took a few photos with my Z6, but most of the time it was tucked safely inside a waterproof backpack. Most of my photos were done with my iphone. This one shows a lot of textures.
IMG_0563.JPG

Some great pictures in this thread. Kudos to Nick for coming up with such a great theme.

Leaf of a Putty-root Orchid plant (Aplectrum hyemale)​

JZ6_0721-X4.jpg

Shagbark hickory

JZ6_0724-X4.jpg

Textures in the woods on our hike today

JZ6_0722-X4.jpg

JZ6_0729-X4.jpg

Real Name
Paul
You may have noticed the absence of textured pictures from me in a CS that started. Apologies, but that will now change. I had small fall in my kitchen on Thursday night, slick floors (from flour from the baking I'd done earlier in the day). Long story short, I ended up with a bit of whiplash from landing hard in my butt, and for the past 2-3 days my neck has been painful and limited my actions. I tried to convince my physician that it was a mere "neck sprain" ; she said Medicare would rather I didn't but they would be willing to cover whiplash. I said, ok a minor whiplash! I'm much better now, took no drugs, lots of heat and cold compresses and lots of rest.

1. Dried starfish is all texture. Early afternoon light.
View attachment 1649748

2. Pine needle basket from one of the NW Indian tribes.

View attachment 1649749

3. Fake texture, from a 1970's faux wood paneling. I hate this stuff!

View attachment 1649750
Very nice set. Great lighting on the starfish. I love that basket. You captured the texture in the wood well. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

I was hiking the Virgin Narrows in Zion with Greg last Thursday.....I will admit that it was probably the last time I will be able to do that!! It was very hard. I took a few photos with my Z6, but most of the time it was tucked safely inside a waterproof backpack. Most of my photos were done with my iphone. This one shows a lot of textures. View attachment 1649754

Lots of texture in that rock, for sure.

Glad you got to do that. I've only been there once and the water was very high and muddy, so no hiking was possible. Hope you get to do it many more times.

I was hiking the Virgin Narrows in Zion with Greg last Thursday.....I will admit that it was probably the last time I will be able to do that!! It was very hard. I took a few photos with my Z6, but most of the time it was tucked safely inside a waterproof backpack. Most of my photos were done with my iphone. This one shows a lot of textures. View attachment 1649754
An amazing shot, Terri. I do hope you get back there.

Real Name
Paul
What a wonderful trip!

Lots of texture in that rock, for sure.

Glad you got to do that. I've only been there once and the water was very high and muddy, so no hiking was possible. Hope you get to do it many more times.
I'll have to work out a bit more before I go next time. My legs were pretty weak to go against the current. Greg had to help me along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom