CS #675 - Graffiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

San Francisco

Real Name
Andy
For a population center, Des Moines is admirably clean and feels extremely safe; you can count on Iowans to get it right. So, all but one of these do not really qualify as graffiti, as they are probably explicitly or tacitly sanctioned wall paintings.

1. Outdoor patio seating for one of the bars on Court Street.
Des_Moines_20191119_11_442181_19C_6821.jpg

2. Apparently commissioned by Travelers Insurance Company.
Des_Moines_20191119_10_084830_19C_6813.jpg

3. This looks like the artist meant to draw attention to the sculpture at the far right of the frame.
Des_Moines_20191119_12_273156_19C_6822.jpg

4. The only "bona fide graffiti" I was able to find in Des Moines.
Des_Moines_20191119_11_224187_19C_6816.jpg

5. The elements have taken their toll on this painting.
Des_Moines_20191119_11_011672_19C_6815.jpg

Last edited:
For a population center, Des Moines is admirably clean and feels extremely safe; you can count on Iowans to get it right. So, all but one of these do not really qualify as graffiti, as they are probably explicitly or tacitly sanctioned wall paintings.

1. Outdoor patio seating for one of the bars on Court Street.
View attachment 1650165
2. Apparently commissioned by Travelers Insurance Company.
View attachment 1650166
3. This looks like the artist meant to draw attention to the sculpture at the far right of the frame.
View attachment 1650167
4. The only "bona fide graffiti" I was able to find in Des Moines.
View attachment 1650168
5. The elements have taken their toll on this painting.
View attachment 1650169
Nice set. Looks like graffiti on the first shot, with DGK written on the corner.

Asheville - NC

Some excellent photos of very elaborate graffiti in this thread. It is interesting to see the lengths that graffiti artists go to get their art displayed. You would think they would want to spend their time and labor on art that pays!

I would like to have contributed but there is just no graffiti in my town.

. It is interesting to see the lengths that graffiti artists go to get their art displayed. You would think they would want to spend their time and labor on art that pays!
There is a difference between graffiti and murals. Mural artists are commissioned by the building owner or City/Government to paint and are paid big dollars for their artistic contribution. Have a look at: Wyland's Whaling walls.

Real Name
Carl
Here's one

Good catch.
What caught my attention was the vast difference in locations, and I thought, " wow, he's doing a lot of traveling this week!" Or was he? If both had been in one location, that wouldn't have particularly attracted my notice.

It is important to reiterate when starting one of these CS weeks that the photos must be shot during the time frame stated, and that can help avoid confusion, although even at that we still get the occasional post which shows us an image shot at some other time..... Mistakes happen, we all do it! :)

What caught my attention was the vast difference in locations, and I thought, " wow, he's doing a lot of traveling this week!" Or was he? If both had been in one location, that wouldn't have particularly attracted my notice.

It is important to reiterate when starting one of these CS weeks that the photos must be shot during the time frame stated, and that can help avoid confusion, although even at that we still get the occasional post which shows us an image shot at some other time..... Mistakes happen, we all do it! :)
Andy is an airline pilot :)

It wasn't Andy's posts, though, upon which I was initially commenting.....the "good catch!" quote was referring to a couple of earlier posts that Alex had made and which I had commented on............
Gotcha. I'm usually the bad guy, calling out inappropriate CS posts, so I'm always glad for the extra set of eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom