CS #678 - Shadows and Reflections....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, been given the privilege to host another CS so here we go...

Sooo as we go through the seasons the shadows tend to shift; Winter longer than fall, than summer, etc. But also we get some nice reflections and so this weeks theme/challenge is to capture the shadows and reflections in your part of the universe. Ahhh... but this can be interpreted anyway you see fit - in other words you can be as abstract as you'd like so long as you can explain it. Keeps things interesting. Of course the usual rules and time span apply. And since I'm the host, I'll start it off with just a simple image. Happy Shooting!!

DSC05906.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Well, been given the privilege to host another CS so here we go...

Sooo as we go through the seasons the shadows tend to shift; Winter longer than fall, than summer, etc. But also we get some nice reflections and so this weeks theme/challenge is to capture the shadows and reflections in your part of the universe. Ahhh... but this can be interpreted anyway you see fit - in other words you can be as abstract as you'd like so long as you can explain it. Keeps things interesting. Of course the usual rules and time span apply. And since I'm the host, I'll start it off with just a simple image. Happy Shooting!!

View attachment 1650909
Interesting theme. Will give it some thought, while I’m out shoveling. :(

Time to get my rake out . . .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In this part of Arizona, snow is a rare treat for us. I'm sure it's not for you and a lot of the country. I hope it gets better for you!
I used to live out in AZ years ago...Tempe as a matter of fact. Was just back that way last year October for a couple of days.

This time of year, with lots of leaves everywhere, is when I am more than happy that I live in a condominium complex with the leaf-blowing and disposal taken care of by a company hired for that purpose! They were here yesterday clearing our buildings' gutters and have been here weekly blowing the leaves from the grounds, sidewalks and parking lot. We all love our beautiful trees in the neighborhood until they start discarding their tired leaves at the end of the warm weather season!

Very nice, Miriam. My yard looks pretty much the same way, but I am in no rush to rake, LOL!
Thank you!
They do leave shadows shadows don’t they and sometimes best to leave them where they are...
Lyndee and Slin: I am blessed with the nicest neighbors on both sides that keep their yards so beautifully, so, I better get to work, lol
This time of year, with lots of leaves everywhere, is when I am more than happy that I live in a condominium complex with the leaf-blowing and disposal taken care of by a company hired for that purpose! They were here yesterday clearing our buildings' gutters and have been here weekly blowing the leaves from the grounds, sidewalks and parking lot. We all love our beautiful trees in the neighborhood until they start discarding their tired leaves at the end of the warm weather season!
Resting and watching someone else clean up my leaves . . .now that would be nice!
I used to live out in AZ years ago...Tempe as a matter of fact. Was just back that way last year October for a couple of days.
We haven't been here long, just a couple of years, getting to know the different parts of Arizona. We spent some time in Tempe a couple of months ago. Very pretty!

Thank you!

Lyndee and Slin: I am blessed with the nicest neighbors on both sides that keep their yards so beautifully, so, I better get to work, lol

Resting and watching someone else clean up my leaves . . .now that would be nice!

We haven't been here long, just a couple of years, getting to know the different parts of Arizona. We spent some time in Tempe a couple of months ago. Very pretty!
AZ by default is pretty and NM has sunsets to die for. You won’t be disappointe.

Is it a reflection or simply an image flipped on itself to give the illusion? The answer in a forth coming image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom