CS #678 - Shadows and Reflections....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, been given the privilege to host another CS so here we go...

Sooo as we go through the seasons the shadows tend to shift; Winter longer than fall, than summer, etc. But also we get some nice reflections and so this weeks theme/challenge is to capture the shadows and reflections in your part of the universe. Ahhh... but this can be interpreted anyway you see fit - in other words you can be as abstract as you'd like so long as you can explain it. Keeps things interesting. Of course the usual rules and time span apply. And since I'm the host, I'll start it off with just a simple image. Happy Shooting!!

View attachment 1650909
Thanks for hosting; and for providing an elegant, and deceptively simple, inspiration for starters . . .

I shoot a few different genres including church services so today was the Christmas musical at one of the churches I photograph for.... Reflections and shadows from the musical bells. View attachment 1651029

DSC02442.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC02447.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As promised... The answer to the reflection question can be seen in the same shot a few hours before nightfall. This is Peachtree Center Plaza in ATL and at the far end of it is a ground level water fountain so indeed a reflection. The plaza is always lit with changing color themes.
View attachment 1650987

Continuing on with the weeks theme....

View attachment 1650988
Wowzer on that 2nd - the subject, its shadow(s), and your treatment. Leonardo and craquelure walk into a bar for a dry white wine???

I shoot a few different genres including church services so today was the Christmas musical at one of the churches I photograph for.... Reflections and shadows from the musical bells. View attachment 1651029

View attachment 1651031 View attachment 1651032
OK . . . good thing that our Collective Shoots have never been any sort of competition (rather just a gentle kick in the butt to grab a camera and shoot something), 'cuz otherwise, the "mercy rule" would have come into play.:D

Experimenting today with bright sunshine and a flower and shadows....

View attachment 1651011

Another look at the same flower with its inner shadows::

View attachment 1651012
Connie - As a (retired) chemist, one of my remaining mottos is "Do the experiment!", just as you have been having fun doing - with fine results recently. Perhaps I shouldn't mention another remaining motto which is "Clean your glassware and/or dinner items immediately", for fear of angering my sweetie who occasionally checks in here . . .:eek:

Real Name
Paul

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom