CS #678 - Shadows and Reflections....

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK . . . good thing that our Collective Shoots have never been any sort of competition (rather just a gentle kick in the butt to grab a camera and shoot something), 'cuz otherwise, the "mercy rule" would have come into play.:D

Every now and then I get something right...

OK . . . good thing that our Collective Shoots have never been any sort of competition (rather just a gentle kick in the butt to grab a camera and shoot something), 'cuz otherwise, the "mercy rule" would have come into play.:D

Every now and then I get something right...

Connie - As a (retired) chemist, one of my remaining mottos is "Do the experiment!", just as you have been having fun doing - with fine results recently. Perhaps I shouldn't mention another remaining motto which is "Clean your glassware and/or dinner items immediately", for fear of angering my sweetie who occasionally checks in here . . .:eek:

LOL... I looked at your profile image and all I saw was nickel, potassium, oxygen, nitrogen, calcium and iron - that’s how I read it then it dawned on me what it really read. That was creative. But I too majored in Chemistry...along with physiology for that matter. And you sound like one of my instructors; “experiment and find out.”

In a Glass, Darkly:

In a Glass, Darkly.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Which Twin Has the Toni?

Which Twin Has the Toni?.jpeg

Last edited:
It took me an extra moment to recognize that it was a reflection. Worth the second look.

Thanks, Andy! Yes, indeed, it is a reflection in both images. The subject was placed directly on top of a mirror (elevated slightly at the rear in the first image, though, creating an angle) and there was natural sunlight pouring in through a window for a while, but it gradually disappeared under clouds. I already was using a small LED panel to provide additional light in the places where I wanted it; a second LED panel was hastily pressed into service towards the end of my shooting session. The subject was lying on one mirror and I had a second mirror positioned behind it to act not only as a reflector of light but also to see what interesting images I could create with that double reflection..... Answer came very quickly: none! It was fine with reflecting more light on the subject, though.

Spot metering during the shoot and a bit of deliberate underexposure and hitting the blacks strongly during post-processing brought me closer to what I was trying to achieve....something a little different from the obvious, "oh, this is a mirror reflection....." Looks like that strategy worked! :).

The rare "Birdus Horriblus" :vulcan:

Bird shadow.JPG

Real Name
Paul
Christmas Clock...
cs-678-5673.jpg

Decorative Candle
cs-678-5672.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom