CS #679 - Nifty Fifty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad the vet surgery was uneventful (other than the procedure :) ). I hope to play with my 50 some this week. 🤞

Real Name
Ken St John
Well this seems like an appropriate way for me to kick off my submissions this week ... Sparky this morning looking out at the back yard. He is NOT liking the collar at all!! Poor guy ... the vet says it needs to be on for a full two weeks. I doubt WE will make it that long before we give in!!

IMG_0191.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The shot itself is a little soft ... I suspect the 1/40th hand held is the culprit ...

I think his expression says it all ...

Ken

Last edited:
Well this seems like an appropriate way for me to kick off my submissions this week ... Sparky this morning looking out at the back yard. He is NOT liking the collar at all!! Poor guy ... the vet says it needs to be on for a full two weeks. I doubt WE will make it that long before we give in!!

View attachment 1651387

The shot itself is a little soft ... I suspect the 1/40th hand held is the culprit ...

Ken
Awe... Very nice shot. It does bring back funny memories with my dog Charley, who decided that the cone was a wonderful way to trap our cat Chaplin inside. :)

Real Name
Ross
It's finals week for me so I thought the CS shoot might be a good study break, here's two from earlier today.
The first one is of our quad decorated for Christmas break.

And then, the similarity between the food example and my study set up caught my eye.

Real Name
Ken St John
It's finals week for me so I thought the CS shoot might be a good study break, here's two from earlier today.
View attachment 1651434

And then, the similarity between the food example and my study set up caught my eye.
View attachment 1651435
Ross

Both of these are excellent! I especially like the use of focus in the second one.

Thanks!!

Ken

Real Name
Ken St John
I was cleaning up in the kitchen when I saw a quick flash of sunlight had broken through the clouds. Although this is a so-so image, per se, I did like the way the golden light played against the barren branches of the oak trees in our back yard.

Happy shooting!!

Ken

View attachment 1651387

Ken
His expression does say it all, although your shot captures everything that he is saying. Thanks for hosting, Ken.

View attachment 1651434

View attachment 1651435
Ross - I can remember being on *both* sides of final exams :eek:; and I'm happy to have finished both roles. Nice shot of your campus (UNC Greensboro?), and kick butt!

Didn't go out with any deliberate intent for a "good" shot; rather, I simply took the 50/1.8 with me on our walk along the now-dry irrigational canal that serves our neighborhood, thinking to have something to toss in. These horizontal layers aren't all exactly "geologically exposed" although those in the background are.

View attachment 1651434

View attachment 1651435
Excellent, Ross. Looks like you're bonding with that new camera pretty quickly.

Didn't go out with any deliberate intent for a "good" shot; rather, I simply took the 50/1.8 with me on our walk along the now-dry irrigational canal that serves our neighborhood, thinking to have something to toss in. These horizontal layers aren't all exactly "geologically exposed" although those in the background are.

View attachment 1651483
Sure looks dry out there, Eric. So different from here. Good composition of layers.

Real Name
Ken St John

View attachment 1651483
I really like the various layers in this image. The subtle colors are also terrific ... not over-saturated and unrealistic as we often see!!

Thanks

Ken

Just got this all framed just right and this car drives up and parks %$#&*
Converting to B&W in SilverFX Pro 4 minimizes the car and does justice to the fog we've had all day. It's a nice old mossy wall around convent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom