CS #679 - Nifty Fifty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don'tcha just HATE that when someone has the nerve to park right in the middle of your nicely framed-up scene?!!!! That's as bad as when you've nicely composed and framed a flower image or a plant or something and just as you're about to click the shutter, a gust of wind blows it every which-way and you've got to wait for the wind to stop and hopefully the flower to resume its former position! In spite of the car in this scene, though, it's a lovely shot. Yep, just apply the "erase" tool and wipe away that silly car and you're done!

Real Name
Ross
Ross - I can remember being on *both* sides of final exams :eek:; and I'm happy to have finished both roles. Nice shot of your campus (UNC Greensboro?), and kick butt!
Thanks, I'm finally done as of about 3:30 today! I'm from Greensboro, but I go to Wake Forest which is in Winston-Salem (about 40 mins from Greensboro.

Excellent, Ross. Looks like you're bonding with that new camera pretty quickly.

Thanks! I'm starting to get it figured out, it's been fun to play with it.

Just got this all framed just right and this car drives up and parks %$#&*
Converting to B&W in SilverFX Pro 4 minimizes the car and does justice to the fog we've had all day. It's a nice old mossy wall around convent.

View attachment 1651509
Fine work here, Nick. Your framing was spot on, and the mood makes me imagine that I can hear Rod Serling voicing an intro to an episode.

Time to break out the tools in Photo Shop and "erase" it.
Yep, just apply the "erase" tool and wipe away that silly car and you're done!

Yeah, but not my style, inclination or skill. My wife was looking at the picture and I explained why I'd made the B&W conversion, she responded, "What car?" Mission accomplished, I believe.

Fine work here, Nick. Your framing was spot on, and the mood makes me imagine that I can hear Rod Serling voicing an intro to an episode
Thanks Eric.

Real Name
Paul
Weekends mean dessert!!!
cs-679-5683.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Paul
Playing with the extension tube on the 50mm...

cs-679-5688.jpg

cs-679-5686.jpg

Real Name
Paul
Yum! Looks like a great idea, Paul.
Yummy photo and food! Love the background and lighting as well. Thanks!

Ken
Thanks! With my low carb diet, I only have dessert on weekends, so I'm delighted when Saturday and Sunday roll around. I try to eat low carb meals on those days, to offset some the increase in carbs. I also am pretty picky of my desserts, looking to eat things I really like. If I'm paying the price of carbs, I want to make sure I don't squander them. :)

Real Name
Paul
Ceramic Santa...
cs-679-5693.jpg

Using extension tube.

Real Name
Ken St John
Well, this is a bit of a failure shot. Not the photo ... the "product"!! I tried some of this chocolate crunch in a homemade latte in the hopes it would make a nice FB post, but the crunch did virtually nothing for the taste!! It's wonderful sprinkled on pudding or yogurt, but it does absolutely nothing for coffee ....
IMG_0211.jpeg

Cheers!!

Ken

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Charon arrived...

D3S_0006.JPG

Enjoy
Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom