CS #682 - Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m happy to host this week’s CS and I hope that the theme “Transition” will be sufficiently broad - or nebulous! - for everyone to contribute. As usual, shots that stretch the theme are especially welcome. Usual rules apply: shoot between 12:01 a.m. local time on Thursday January 9 and 11:59 p.m. Wednesday January 15; no more than 3 shots per post; family-friendly, etc. I look forward to seeing what you’ll come up with. Have fun!
Here a few snaps as examples:

Transition in illumination:
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Transition in age:
original.jpg

Transition in weather:
original.jpg

And - I couldn’t help myself here but - Transition Metals:D
original.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Ken St John
OK ... here's a bit of a stretch ....

Our now 6-month old puppy, Sparky, is waiting patiently to TRANSITION from normal dog duties to eating lunch. (He is such a voracious eater, we make him wait "patiently" for 20-30 seconds before allowing him to eat after putting his bowl on the floor. He alternates looks at his chow with this plaintive look at us. I think his doggy mind is saying "Ah, come on Dad!! Let me eat!! You're killing me here!!)

Cheers!!

Ken

Our now 6-month old puppy, Sparky, is waiting patiently to TRANSITION from normal dog duties to eating lunch. (He is such a voracious eater, we make him wait "patiently" for 20-30 seconds before allowing him to eat after putting his bowl on the floor. He alternates looks at his chow with this plaintive look at us. I think his doggy mind is saying "Ah, come on Dad!! Let me eat!! You're killing me here!!)
View attachment 1652891
Cheers!!

Ken
Great way to start this off, Ken! How can you resist that look?

View attachment 1652891
Cheers!!

Ken
Super shot and wonderful story. Reminds me of a story with my first dog, Shadow...

I worked hard at training her to patiently wait for her food. I would serve it up, have her sit, and then say "ok". She would devour all the food instantly.

Each day, I'd make her wait a bit longer, until I could go and sit down at the dining table (in same room) and say "ok". I was so proud of how well she was with her training.

One day however, I did the same procedure I do each, and started eating dinner. After a few minutes into the meal, I happen to look over at Shadow. There she was, still sitting by her dish, with a string of drool hanging out of her mouth, and a tiny drool puddle on the floor.

I realized, I forgot to say "ok"! Ashamedly, I quickly said "ok", and decided never to make the wait for her food, more than a few seconds, while I was still near her. I felt so bad.

View attachment 1652891
Cheers!!

Ken
Sparky is a nice-looking pup! :)

This Verdin was dancing around the transition of shadow and light this morning.

Transitioning beauty of a wild flower

DCS2384.jpg

Last edited:
I’m happy to host this week’s CS and I hope that the theme “Transition” will be sufficiently broad - or nebulous! - for everyone to contribute. As usual, shots that stretch the theme are especially welcome. Usual rules apply: shoot between 12:01 a.m. local time on Thursday January 9 and 11:59 p.m. Wednesday January 16; no more than 3 shots per post; family-friendly, etc. I look forward to seeing what you’ll come up with. Have fun!
Here a few snaps as examples:

Transition in illumination:
View attachment 1652850

Transition in age:
View attachment 1652851

Transition in weather:
View attachment 1652852

And - I couldn’t help myself here but - Transition Metals:D
View attachment 1652853
Interesting theme and wonderful examples, Eric. And that last one is perfect for a chemist.

Color transition, black to gray

After noticing the background in Ken's great photo of Sparky above (post #5), I realized that our homes have the same vintage kitchen cabinets: blonde oak or honey oak? After more than a little prodding, I spent time last week transitioning ours a bit with matte black knobs and pulls - except for under the stovetop, of course.

My first thought was that he is in the "transition" between the kitchen and dining area (between two rooms anyway).
Cheers!!

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom