CS #682 - Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transitioning from flood stage to normal...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Roanoke River Greenway at Wasena Park in Roanoke.

Dandruff...

Been wild the past few days. Had record breaking temps in the sixties and raining at times on Saturday/Sunday, with almost all the snow melted. Then, back to seasonal temperatures around 30 degrees today, and snow flurries.

Yikes, Jim - is that a walking / biking path?
Indeed it is. We had to cut our walk a little short. :(

The bluish-colored building visible just under the bridge is Carilion Hospital where I spent several days last May before being transferred to their stroke rehabilitation center closer to downtown.

Looks like the Z6 is agreeing with you . . .

I'm enjoying using the Z6. I've hardly used any other camera since I got it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dandruff...
View attachment 1653369
Been wild the past few days. Had record breaking temps in the sixties and raining at times on Saturday/Sunday, with almost all the snow melted. Then, back to seasonal temperatures around 30 degrees today, and snow flurries.
Hey Paul - 60s to 30s is quite the transition. Reminds me of my Kansas days . . .

Barometric pressure transition. The Shipping Forecast had warned of a "violent storm force 11" and the Irish named it "Storm Brendan". The barograph recorded its arrival.

View attachment 1653446"Violent Storm Force 11" by warth man, on Flickr
Very nice shot and something one doesn't see much of nowadays. Last time I remember seeing a barometer, was when I was a kid and we had a dial one. This is way cooler.

Thanks Paul. It just so happens that I still have an old aneroid barometer too and here it is, showing the same event. Given the descriptions on this compared with the hoo-ha we had and have in today's news media and weather bureaus, I don't think they would have been as fussed back then. I'm still glad I wasn't at sea though!

49384379383_e937d63d4d_c.jpg "Violent Storm Force 11" (2) by warth man, on Flickr

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Barometric pressure transition. The Shipping Forecast had warned of a "violent storm force 11" and the Irish named it "Storm Brendan". The barograph recorded its arrival.

View attachment 1653446"Violent Storm Force 11" by warth man, on Flickr
That is an exquisite device, Ron, and your photo is spot on for this CS - excellent! Years ago, I had a "weather glass" (I think that is the correct name) filled with copper sulfate-dyed water that served as an inaccurate barometer.

Real Name
Ken St John
Last night, our neighborhood made the TRANSITION from our normal gray skies and rain ... to a more "wintery" look. Western Washingtonians are, of course, total wimps when it comes to snow. Schools close, people work from home, there's panic buying at Costco. The plethora of steep hills are a contributing factor, of course, but for most of us that's not an excuse.

I think the real reason is so we can stay home and play like kids again!!

Cheers!!

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom