CS #685 - Take Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
CS #685 - Take Two

Friends - I'm happy to host another Collective Shoot with a topic that I expect will attract many amazing contributions. The idea of "Take Two" I hope will be applied broadly, and as usual, shots that stretch this theme will be warmly welcomed! What I'd imagined was inviting shots of an object, or scene, or subject, or whatever, in two different ways. Front and back? Different f stops? Before and after? Near and far on a zoom lens? Different lighting or different angles? You surely get the picture(s) by now. I don't have any ancient examples to drop in as a starting point, and I can't wait to see what you all will come up with.

The usual rules apply: Take photos between 12:01 a.m. your local time Thursday January 30 and Wednesday 11:59 p.m. February 5 your local time. Please no more than 3 shots per post, keep it family-friendly, etc. Have fun!CS

Thought I'd start with some whimsical nostalgia.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thought I'd start with some whimsical nostalgia.

View attachment 1654476

View attachment 1654477

View attachment 1654478
Some people take 2.

Others can't count... *run-and-hide* ;) :p
(or maybe it's the American measurements, again)

More serious: I can read on the box the first one is called "Habanero Orange Metallic" (+ $250 ???) - What is the blue one? Can't be a chilli species, in blue... "Grandpa's underwear blue"? ;)

If you ever want to be remembered for a long time after death, start a marketing carreer and invent colors ;) Me, as a man, can only see red, green, blue and yellow. What doesn't fit in these 4 isn't a color. And peach is a thing to eat. So is aubergine.

What is the blue one? Can't be a chilli species, in blue... "Grandpa's underwear blue"? ;)
Silk Blue Metallic.
I'm with you, red, green blue, white, black, etc. Marketing research says women have more descriptive ability than men. When we went to find paint for our recent bathroom remodel, we found over 50 different whites, and that was from just one manufacturer. We settled on naked white, seemed appropriate for a bathroom.

Silk Blue Metallic.
I'm with you, red, green blue, white, black, etc. Marketing research says women have more descriptive ability than men. When we went to find paint for our recent bathroom remodel, we found over 50 different whites, and that was from just one manufacturer. We settled on naked white, seemed appropriate for a bathroom.
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Women can also see more shades of green than man, I've read.
Renovating our house 2 years ago, I made the same experiance, having to chose one of the 50 different whites for bathrooms, kitchen... wall color... - and that was BEFORE speaking of textiles like towels and ... ;)

Take 2; That's what the label said:

TakeTwo015_DxO.jpg

TakeTwo016_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
I got home so early I could actually SEE something through the window - no worries, I opened it to take the pictures ;)

Cold or warm? Landscape or… portrait (of):

Our old apple tree

Wife not at home, had to attend a meeting in the evening. Luca playing with all his excavators, tractors and cranes… Dad an Mayla decided to play board games. Getting prepared - that's what we need:

Mice and Dice

And Action!

Gameplay

2 bears

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom