CS #687 - Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay folks, I got a little busy with some doctor appointments and forgot to get this thread started. :oops: I'll have an example up shortly.

The theme for 687 is "Green". Can be of anything that includes or conveys the color green, let your imagination/ creativity run wild.

Standard CS rules apply.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Green tea in a green box.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice example and interesting theme. A color we don't see much here in the Winter (except for the freakishly warm weather we had for a few days - back to cold again).

Hi Paul! Thanks. I thought this would be a non-standard time of the year for a green theme, and maybe a bit of a challenge considering the lack of greenery for some folk. (And the reason it's pretty unrestricted.)

Found some green going through pockets of a seldom worn jacket.

Right on the money, Gordon! :). Actually, a water droplet with a little glycerin added..... Setup was that the subject (blank CD) was placed on a black dish and set on my dresser, which is under my bedroom windows. I sometimes use this location as a place to shoot because the windows bring in lots of natural light and sunshine. Camera was the A7R IV with 50mm f/2.8 macro lens on it, and I had the camera in spot metering. Sunshine poured in and hit that CD with a vengeance! I had a lot of fun playing with this, and -- oh, and a hint of things to come: those who are following my 52-Week project will soon be seeing another one of these images on Sunday when I share my week's work. :)

Thanks, Paul! I have to say that I am really, really enjoying photography again in a way that I hadn't for a long time, and playing with ideas that I'd used a long time ago but had forgotten about...... Projects like this are great for wintertime when one doesn't want to get outside and there is not a lot interesting to shoot even if one does venture out.....unless there's a big snowstorm or something, which we have not had this year. Snow and ice offer their own possibilities for interesting shots, but in their absence one needs to look elsewhere. A macro lens or two and seemingly ordinary subjects right in one's own home can be ideal for creating interesting images. Who says macro is just for flowers or bugs, anyway?! :)

A more environmentally "green" option.

Lots of people were turning back because they didn't have a cane ;)

Dining chair back...

Playing with the extension tubes.

It's been a sunnier and mild (knocking on wood, even though it'll likely change) Winter so far, but most of the green has been indoors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom