CS #687 - Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyder says . . .

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gordo! Thanks for hosting again, and look at all of these terrific submissions you've garnered already.👍

I looked around today for something to shoot. Not sure what the heck it is (it belongs to the Boss), maybe a paperweight? Anyhow, here are two quick snaps (kinda inspired by Connie's recent ink & glycerin shots, but of a physical object 😉), worked up a bit differently - not sure which one is somewhat better.

View attachment 1655476

View attachment 1655477
Neat paperweight (or whatever), almost a lensball effect. I like the first slightly better - less visible background.

Real Name
Ken St John
Made a quick overnight trip to visit our son at WSU in Eastern Washington. Caught this small patch of early growth near a farm house.

Cheers

Ken

Real Name
Philip Armitage
I did post this in the macro section, but I guess its green enough for here

Spring is definitely just around the corner! The birdies were chirping as I stood outside and shot the lovely green shoots coming up beneath my windows. Daffodils on the way!!

Spring Green.jpg

On my hike in the woods today I came upon this lovely patch of evergreen ground cover.

JZ6_1664.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Paul! I am so excited to see evidence of new life and Spring coming..... I love daffodils, they are among my favorite flowers, and they always herald the arrival of Spring for me. I had to crop the photo somewhat because there was a lot of extraneous stuff in there that I didn't want or need, and even shooting at f/1.8 to get nice bokeh did not really solve the problem totally. I'll be watching these leaves now for the arrival of the daffodils themselves....

I saw this green church yesterday. I wish the lighting was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom