CS #687 - Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best laid plans of mice and men... plans for today did not pan out as intended. Backup plan of getting some shots of the iridescent green on the hummingbirds didn't pan out either. So, on to plan "C".

Multiple levels of green in various meanings in this shot. Have been going through boxes of stuff as I have the energy. Some of Dad's old military memorabilia from a very small window of time in the service. These are from the very short time he spent with the 3rd Special Forces Group in the '60s. Dad was assigned to the 3rd when they received helicopters, he was an aviation dude, not one of the jump-qualified snake-eaters. Soon after being assigned there, he was shuffled to another unit to fill a manning shortfall for that unit's deployment to Vietnam.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
It's a veggie juice I find in a grocery store here. It tastes similar to the V8 Green stuff, but less mass production. (May just go to the V8 stuff as it is a bit less expensive.) Using it until I can find a juice recipe I like, I can make myself. And it is a bit of an acquired taste.
I'm a juicer. My usual green drink consists of a granny smith apple or a bartlett pear, a carrot, a "thumb" of ginger, half a bunch of celery, and 2 large collard leaves. Sometimes I add a cucumber, or substitute green kale for the collards, but if I do that, I also sub a lime for the ginger and use two carrots. I guess it is an acquired taste, but I find it quite refreshing. I drink it immediately after I make it.

Another favorite greenish drink is simple: apple and jalapeño, one for one.

Real Name
Chris
Green Iguana

This lizard lives at the Out of Africa zoo in Camp Verde (Spanish for green), Arizona. It's a very unique zoo. The barriers you see are for the humans. Animals seem to have the run of the place.

By the way, I've had a 24-120 lens forever. Recently I bought JonathanF2's f/4 variant. It's very good optically, and Jonathan keeps his lenses in pristine condition, so it's like I have a brand new lens! A great zoo lens for sure!

Last edited:
Real Name
Chris
Tillandsias

This EXIF is incomplete. The picture was with the Venus Laowa 15mm f/4 @ f/32.

Self portrait with an air plant.

I'm a juicer. My usual green drink consists of a granny smith apple or a bartlett pear, a carrot, a "thumb" of ginger, half a bunch of celery, and 2 large collard leaves. Sometimes I add a cucumber, or substitute green kale for the collards, but if I do that, I also sub a lime for the ginger and use two carrots. I guess it is an acquired taste, but I find it quite refreshing. I drink it immediately after I make it.

Another favorite greenish drink is simple: apple and jalapeño, one for one.
I've got a lot to research and try. I do know there are some recipes that to me, feel like drinking hot sauce. :sour:

Green Iguana

View attachment 1655542

This lizard lives at the Out of Africa zoo in Camp Verde (Spanish for green), Arizona. It's a very unique zoo. The barriers you see are for the humans. Animals seem to have the run of the place.

By the way, I've had a 24-120 lens forever. Recently I bought JonathanF2's f/4 variant. It's very good optically, and Jonathan keeps his lenses in pristine condition, so it's like I have a brand new lens! A great zoo lens for sure!
Cool Iguana. :cool:

Tillandsias

View attachment 1655543
This EXIF is incomplete. The picture was with the Venus Laowa 15mm f/4 @ f/32.

Self portrait with an air plant.
Terrarium sphere? Haven't seen of of those in years.

Multiple hues of green, natural and man-made. (Soon to be splashed with lots of yellow buds are forming and will have blooms in the not too-distant future.)

Feel about as green and whacked as these peeps...

...and I'll watch the movie later if I can catch a nap. Haven't watched this in years, should be good for some chuckle time. Ack Ack!

Speaking of movies, I just got these three greenies today...

My pleasure Paul.

Not sure if there is someone for the next CS, will keep this one going if needed.

How about a Green Granny Smith apple for a snack? Tart, but tasty. :hungry:

original.jpg

Dove resting in the green of a tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom