CS #688 - Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Andy
As it is already Saturday, it would appear this week needs a host. I have been largely absent for the last few weeks, but perhaps the Cafe will embrace this theme, which I shall also attempt to participate in, and, at a minimum, acknowledge those who will offer their images.

No samples, just these words, whose goal is simply to spark some ideas:

1. Literal: Intrinsically shiny objects and examples of how light appears brilliantly in our subjects.
2. Moments: The actions or motions that catch our eye because they shine more brightly than the mundane.
3. People: Don't we all see examples of people that shine? Capture them at their best!

Shall we begin?

Real Name
Philip Armitage
reflected shine - off the lake and off the Tasman Sea - that's me in the centre

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thorfire solar camping lamp.
Must have accessory so you can see what type of animal is trying to get into your tent in the middle of the night :eek:

Way too much sun...SHINE. With temperatures well above freezing point, also at night: That's what's left for the "skiing" school (gardening school? plowing school?) in the village of Grindelwald. That's supposed to be some sort of 'class', I think. Time for Mayla to get that thing going - skiing. She's doing well, progressing. Soon we'll take her up, with the gondula, into the 'real' mountains where there's snow left.

The one in the back, on the conveyor belt, practicing on her own - that's her. Yellow jacket, purple helmet.

(too much) sunSHINE

A typical late spring (?) day—blustery, rain showers, hail, sleet, snow squalls, and wind. A then a ray of sun broke through, lighting up the dirty window, the top of a loudspeaker and dried ornamental gourd. Shine on!

Not one to waste nice shining light, and having recently taken a shine to focus stacking, I captured the last rays hitting our dining table. A stack of 9 images, step of 3, shot in RAW and stacked in Affinity Pro.

TableB_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
I spotted these shiny objects while driving on a back road. The lens flares were not intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom