CS #688 - Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Andy
A shining moment. My daughter was inducted to the Alpha Lambda Delta honor society. Here she is with the ALD faculty advisor and the president of her school at the end of yesterday's ceremony.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Found this today, apparently I used it to "shine" my shoes ... back in the day.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I couldn't remember what I used the "white" polish for, and then remembered my Golf shoes :D
Now I only wear running shoes.

Now I see what it is! Beautiful.
Thank you! It's a crystal turtle that I have had for many years, with the blue and green colors coming from a green gel placed over one light source (background facing the subject and the camera) and a blue gel placed over the other light source (a lightbox, the actual surface upon which the turtle was positioned).... It is really intriguing how the use of gels (colored translucent, thin plastic sheets) can affect the overall appearance of an image.

Real Name
Andy
a green gel placed over one light source (background facing the subject and the camera) and a blue gel placed over the other light source (a lightbox, the actual surface upon which the turtle was positioned)
Thanks for sharing the details of your lighting design - you created great light, and as a result, a great image.

Thanks for sharing the details of your lighting design - you created great light, and as a result, a great image.
Thank you, Paul and Andy! I had done some work with gels years ago but hadn't thought about it in ages. Now that I'm really getting back into all of this in a big way I was reminded the other day of how effective the use of gels can be, so looked around for the packet I had and couldn't find it, so finally resorted to ordering a new one from Amazon, which arrived promptly, and then I could go about setting up things with the clear crystal turtle figurine to see what magic would result.... It's always about the light in photography!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom