CS #689 - Leap Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Paul and Mike! I think that the rather long hiatus and time-out that I took from photography seems to have allowed something in there within me to brew and steep, ripen and develop and suddenly, when I was ready, with a camera in my hands ready to once again do more than just a quick snapshot here-and-there, to come pouring out with all kinds of energy and excitement and curiosity, willingness to explore new things, especially within the realm of post-processing and editing, etc.! There are still two or three of the NIK programs I haven't even looked at yet, as to date, most of the time I haven't felt the need to do something a bit beyond what was already there in the image.....

Maybe in a few months I'll be ready to tackle the challenge of Focus Stacking, but not yet. In the meantime I'm definitely following the discussions about the techniques and the pitfalls and the benefits.

I would have photographed USD $29 if only my wife would let me have that much money. :D I had to settle for photographing only USD 29 cents. Apologies for the quality of the photo, as I didn't take the time to really do it properly.

Mike 2020-02-29--002-P.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I was in the middle of working on an image, putting the final touches on it in the editing process, when inconveniently the power went out. Grrrrrr! I’m on my iPad now — thank goodness for cellular data! When the power comes back up I can get back to my image and eventually share it. This seems an ill-fated project, though. First I had one idea in mind and was all set until I realized that I was three items short of the desired subject, having eaten those the other night (hard candies)...... Then I had another idea and while I was setting things up couldn’t find the gaffer tape so had to resort to scotch tape (fortunately found the gaffer tape later!). Shot a few images — not my best work but it does fulfill the suggested topic! Stay tuned for the image to appear when I can finally get back online in the computer and finish what I was doing!

Staying tuned!

Ahem. You're NOT supposed to eat the subject until after you have photographed it! LOL!

Ah, but then I didn’t know I was going to shoot this particular topic, the amended version..... :D. Yes, I usually wait until after I have shot something to then devour my subjects if they are edible and something i like. LOL! The subject which appeared earlier in this thread is one which may or may not get devoured, but first I want to do some research on it, since it is a food new to me.......

Power still out here — 450 customers affected in my immediate area. Could be a transformer blew, which is not unknown to happen. Dominion Power says that estimated time that power will be restored is between 5:00 - 8:00 pm. I hope sooner rather than later!

LOL!!!!! Yes, with guests coming to dinner the last thing you'd want and need is the power being out for a few hours! Well, it's back on now, thankfully, I've put down the book I was reading, the house is warming up again, and I'm back online. Finished playing with my image, -- enjoy! Shot with a blue gel over one light, a purple gel over another light and processed first in DXO PhotoLab 3 and then (eventually) finished up in Luminar 3.

29.....count 'em, 29 plastic spoons in honor of the 29th day of February! :)

Spoons.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
LOL!!!!! Yes, with guests coming to dinner the last thing you'd want and need is the power being out for a few hours! Well, it's back on now, thankfully, I've put down the book I was reading, the house is warming up again, and I'm back online. Finished playing with my image, -- enjoy! Shot with a blue gel over one light, a purple gel over another light and processed first in DXO PhotoLab 3 and then (eventually) finished up in Luminar 3.

I really like what you've been doing lately with gels and creative lighting, Connie.

Thank you, Andy! Years ago I experimented with gels, mostly on my Nikon flash lighting -- SB something-or-others -- that I had at the time, although also sometimes sticking them on to continuous-light sources as well. In another forum a couple of weeks ago someone mentioned gels and I got to thinking about them, remembering how useful and interesting they are, and started looking for that packet I know I have somewhere but couldn't find it, so ordered a new one from Amazon. This is the second time I've used them so far. I'm liking what I'm seeing, too, as they add new interest and a different feel to an image, especially something like this one with a bunch of clear plastic spoons stuck in a clear glass container! This image also benefits a bit from an effects filter in Luminar 3, which kicked it up to another level I hadn't even anticipated when initially doing and editing the photo. I liked the additional impact of that filter, which gives the colors and outlines of the spoons even more punch, and so the image you see is what resulted. :)

Real Name
Paul

View attachment 1656343
Very creative shot!

Yeah, I'm on a laptop, too, and indeed the battery kicked into gear when the power went out....but the problem is that my external monitor immediately shut off and also since the router and modem both were out of service, too, I was not online any more, what I was doing in image editing at the time wasn't going to get too much further. I could use the laptop, sure, but not in the ways in which I needed and wanted to do so. I simply got out of the editing program and left the machine alone while I jumped on to my iPad with cellular data and quickly posted here and somewhere else since at least with the iPad I was still able to actually be online.....

Yeah, I'm on a laptop, too, and indeed the battery kicked into gear when the power went out....but the problem is that my external monitor immediately shut off and also since the router and modem both were out of service, too, I was not online any more, what I was doing in image editing at the time wasn't going to get too much further. I could use the laptop, sure, but not in the ways in which I needed and wanted to do so. I simply got out of the editing program and left the machine alone while I jumped on to my iPad with cellular data and quickly posted here and somewhere else since at least with the iPad I was still able to actually be online.....
excuses, excuses, excuses :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom