CS #691 - In the Kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.
The photo of the wine is a typical scene at our home. It's where we collect open bottles on the kitchen counter in front of the only window in that room. Most of the wine bottles will have just enough wine to use for cooking. Some of them may be half full, which is our typical portion for the two of us to enjoy during supper. This group of wine bottles reflects our enjoyment of variety; no two wine grape species are the same in those six bottles.

The knives are cheap, mostly because I don't appreciate high-quality knives. Though I have three steels (who would ever need more than one during their entire life?), these knives become sharpened only about once a year when they're sharpened by my butcher while I'm away on vacation.

View attachment 1657619

View attachment 1657620
Wine and knifes - half the kitchen already :)

Our 3rd kitchen (the little ones got a similar one, made from wood though, inside as well):

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Preparing dinner: Food for mind and heart, family Sunday... whenever we serve that, it is amazing to see just HOW MUCH such little people can eat ;)
We love Fajitas!! And the cook and his wife love a glass of Rioja (not just, but also, on Sundays)

Z07_8885.JPG

Z07_8882.JPG

Product of boredom

I posted an image of my tape measure used in the kitchen earlier in the thread. Subsequent to Nick's reaction, I bought a new tape measure. The new one is ugly as sin and at least three times as large when the smaller size was preferred, but it will surely make Nick happy that it's not likely to transfer tetanus to anyone that eats the food.

Mike 2020-03-23--001-S.jpg

But then, I am completely wrong: if my calculations are correct, 16 ft. will only give you around 20, maybe 21 spaghetti. That's NOT enough
That's another reason to count the pieces. On the other hand, perhaps I should return the tape measure and revert to my typical method of weighing the pasta. Nah, returning the tape measure would upset Nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom