CS#692 - "Selcodesa mufa gropro. Covid! Noblawhi. Notublawhi!"

I came down to the kitchen this morning, wanted to make myself a cup of coffee. Maybe take a shot for the "In the kitchen" CS. Then, something strange happened: Everything slowed down, I was like in a bubble, in a slow motion bubble. Time just slowed down. Colors went muted. A beam of light, I realised, was enlightening my Z7 resting on the kitchen desk. And then, this little gnome materialized, and murmured, in a low voice, but insistantly:
"Selcodesa mufa gropro. Covid! Noblawhi. Notublawhi!" - And... puff.... it disapeared!

Z06_0439.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

"Selcodesa mufa gropro. Covid! Noblawhi. Notublawhi!"

It took me quite a while to figure out what just happened. What that meant. I was puzzled by the Covid. But finally I realised: It had come to tell me what the upcoming CS should all be about:

SelcodesaSelected colors, desaturated,
mufamuted, faded,
gropro.cross processed. (hey, you may use film ;) )
Co-Keep out
vid!vivid!
No-No
blawhi.Black-and-White.
No-No
tu-tuned
blawhi!Black-and-White!

A keen warning I should leave (my personal) comfort zone. Kept inside, these days, try to use the time on the computer well an learn something different. Here's your task:

Shoot whatever you like, but process the colors! Not vivid, not over-saturated - at least not the whole picture! Post-Processing. In-Camera is allowed, as long as it's not the simple "vivid", oversaturated color profile. Go the other way, REDUCING intensity. Just not a simple black and white. Oh, and the gnome was clear about toned BW, wasn't it? (A thing I do often, and therefore, is not allowed ;) ).

EDIT:
Usual rules apply. Start shooting on Thursday

Last edited:
Part of the raison d'être behind the Collective Shoot has always been and as far as I know remains is that participants are to shoot something new during the particular time frame of the announced theme...... There are other places on here in which to share older images or newly-retouched versions of older images. The way I'm interpreting this week's CS is that we are free to shoot something in color, not B&W, and then pay particular attention to the editing/post-processing and perhaps aim to present something subdued or with reduced intensity, desaturated and muted rather than overly-bright HDR-type images. That'll be a challenge for me, as I have the tendency to want my colors to really pop!

Last edited:
Part of the raison d'être behind the Collective Shoot has always been and as far as I know remains that participants are to shoot something new during the particular time frame of the announced theme...... There are other places on here in which to share older images or newly-retouched versions of older images. The way I'm interpreting this week's CS is that we are free to shoot something in color, not B&W, and then pay particular attention to the editing/post-processing and perhaps aim to present something subdued or with reduced intensity, desaturated and muted rather than overly-bright HDR-type images. That'll be a challenge for me, as I have the tendency to want my colors to really pop!
That is absolutely right, and put together brilliantly simple! Shoot something already knowing it will work with such a processing.
As you mention, it will be a challenge for you - and for me! I seem to not know when reducing saturation, color intensity, or just some of them, will finally ADD to the output. Unless BW which I do...

Last edited:
I came down to the kitchen this morning, wanted to make myself a cup of coffee. Maybe take a shot for the "In the kitchen" CS. Then, something strange happened: Everything slowed down, I was like in a bubble, in a slow motion bubble. Time just slowed down. Colors went muted. A beam of light, I realised, was enlightening my Z7 resting on the kitchen desk. And then, this little gnome materialized, and murmured, in a low voice, but insistantly:
"Selcodesa mufa gropro. Covid! Noblawhi. Notublawhi!" - And... puff.... it disapeared!

View attachment 1657765

"Selcodesa mufa gropro. Covid! Noblawhi. Notublawhi!"

It took me quite a while to figure out what just happened. What that meant. I was puzzled by the Covid. But finally I realised: It had come to tell me what the upcoming CS should all be about:

SelcodesaSelected colors, desaturated,
mufamuted, faded,
gropro.cross processed. (hey, you may use film ;) )
Co-Keep out
vid!vivid!
No-No
blawhi.Black-and-White.
No-No
tu-tuned
blawhi!Black-and-White!

A keen warning I should leave (my personal) comfort zone. Kept inside, these days, try to use the time on the computer well an learn something different. Here's your task:

Shoot whatever you like, but process the colors! Not vivid, not over-saturated - at least not the whole picture! Post-Processing. In-Camera is allowed, as long as it's not the simple "vivid", oversaturated color profile. Go the other way, REDUCING intensity. Just not a simple black and white. Oh, and the gnome was clear about toned BW, wasn't it? (A thing I do often, and therefore, is not allowed ;) ).

EDIT:
Usual rules apply. Start shooting on Thursday
Interesting and challenging theme! I'm still recovering from a sinus infection, but will have to see if I can whittle some time to shoot.

Found this piece of durable engineering in the closet today. Bought this ball at Toys R Us about 15 years ago for less than $5. After all these years of abuse, it's still kickable and inflated.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom