CS #692 - Selcodesa mufa gropro. Covid! Noblawhi. Notublawhi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here is a first attempt. Two versions, neither option is good o_O

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Found this piece of durable engineering in the closet today. Bought this ball at Toys R Us about 15 years ago for less than $5. After all these years of abuse, it's still kickable and inflated.
View attachment 1657819
Thanks for 'opening' the thread with a first contribution!

Your framing, the black&white background and the flat colors fit to the occasion: an thing long forgotten, found again. It remembers me of a piece/article of an old newspaper somebody has once ripped out.

OK, here is a first attempt. Two versions, neither option is good o_O

View attachment 1657838

View attachment 1657839
I don't think they're too bad, Nick. I do like the first one a lot more, the red in the second doesn't work for me. But the first is OK, don't you think? The red on the very right picks up the red from the movie title in the center. (Oh, and what movie you chose... o_O )

Thanks you're taking on the challange. It is difficult, I know, for us "more natural" shooters anyway. I will suck at it, I know :)

Thanks Roland. Actually that is a board game that you play cooperatively by poling your resources and skills. I too prefer the first. But what I really meant by no option is good, is either way it is still a darn Pandemic! I think I'll work on this some more.

Real Name
Andy
Cloudy day, so this photo aims to emphasize that feeling. It's a 4-image stack with a hue/saturation layer applied with a color range mask to make the background even more monotone than it already appeared. Slightly cropped.

One of the SOOC images (for reference):

So here are my first attempts:

Let's start with a simple one. My wife used this day for a very long walk to get out a little, as long as it's still allowed (as long as you keep away from other people, which of course they did). They still found time, after returning, to bake a ring cake - and to start EATING it... :p

Well saturated out of the camera, with all the smarties on it, I decided to lower saturation here - an easy thing to start. But I also darkened the image, using gradients, from the lower right and upper left, to leave only the top of the ring cake at the original exposure:

Chocolate Ring Cake

This one I am not really happy with: I wanted to take a B&W snap of the two gymnasts (aka stuntmen), but leave the blue throwsers blue. I left just a hint of color on the wooden floor, also - Looking at it now, I think THAT's what's really bad, as 'selective' color only works with just one tone... :(

Daily workout ;)

And now for something really different:

Seeing her reading (and trying to solve the riddles) in her "TipToi" book, I got this portrait. (TipToi = the big pen can be held over various areas in the books. It then reads/speaks to the young reader, explaining what one sees. It also contains games and riddles, where you have to point on specific things in the book).

I slightly desaturated this one, but then decided to edit the colors. I've never done that before (got new software I have you try out, hence the theme ;) ). In the dark tones, I brought in a blueish color shift, while in the middle ones and the lights, I went with a more orange hue. Of course, I overdid the first attempt - still a long way to go:

Evening read

Thanks Roland. Actually that is a board game that you play cooperatively by poling your resources and skills. I too prefer the first. But what I really meant by no option is good, is either way it is still a darn Pandemic! I think I'll work on this some more.
Thank you - I should have read the text on the box more carefully, where it clearly says it's a game. Sorry Nick.
Glad you start an effort, here (have a glass of wine, first, don't forget!)

Cloudy day, so this photo aims to emphasize that feeling. It's a 4-image stack with a hue/saturation layer applied with a color range mask to make the background even more monotone than it already appeared. Slightly cropped.
View attachment 1657845

One of the SOOC images (for reference):
View attachment 1657846
Wow, THANK YOU, that is one of the many good options, use cases, this CS is meant to be all about! The muting of the background works perfectly here. As you say, it fits perfectly! I really want to see what experienced people decide to do, and when ;) Learn from the better ones ;) Thanks again!

If you're willing to push it, driving an M is quite effective at elevating your heart rate while still being very much under control.
I'd only want to try it out to learn what a real rear wheel drive would do in extreme situations. Safety training, learing, that kind of stuff. My own car is an all wheel drive, and I know how that one behaves: very VERY much control, so the heart rate stays under control as well. Under-steering due to the sheer weight, but the front motor can correct that with a stomp on the accelerator (Tesla Model S 85D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom