CS#692 - "Selcodesa mufa gropro. Covid! Noblawhi. Notublawhi!"

Just curious - what are you using?
Using? Haha, I started yesterday...

I got Capture One Pro. Spent the last few days watching tutorials online in their learning hub.

That is an awesome feature! And all in relative silence, right?
Relative, yes - of course you hear wind, tires ... and the engine as well, to a lesser extent. It is by far the best AWD ever, as it's a) electronically fast in distributing power, and thanks to b) two independent engines. (OK, in theory, the more prototype style cars with 4 motors are even better. But that's not availdable in 'normal' cars.)

I just started using C1 Pro last month, but primarily for tethered shooting. The color wheels look very useful, but I haven't tried them yet. Perhaps I should!
It is so much this thing can do - but then I come from a very very basic editing tool/skill level, with just WB, exposure correction and a bit of cropping/sharpening really used in mostly free tools. I have no experiance with local edits, masks, gradients, color tuning... Time will help, I suppose...

Last edited:
One with a bit more thought put into it.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I just started using C1 Pro last month, but primarily for tethered shooting. The color wheels look very useful, but I haven't tried them yet. Perhaps I should!
Sorry, by editing in all replies into one post, I managed to answer before you even asked ;)

Yes, so far, I like these wheels. Used to select colors to create masks, but to control hues, split toning... also. Seems quite intuitive once learned. But I am really only at the beginning, myself.

These are two things that do not seem to be available in C1. At least it's not very intuitive.
Not having done anything like this before, I have no idea what an 'intuitive'way of doing it would look like. I can get masks very easy already and edit in layers after so little time. So it can't be that bad.
(I used masking via brushing, color picker, gradients... so far, and there are more ways to do it. Luminance, I think, as one more example. Check the learning hub.)

Playing with the kids, while my wife is working from home, we built sculptures out of these little wooden sticks and cubes. Mayla has the patience of a saint with such fiddly things... :)

Woodworks

So here are my first attempts:

Let's start with a simple one. My wife used this day for a very long walk to get out a little, as long as it's still allowed (as long as you keep away from other people, which of course they did). They still found time, after returning, to bake a ring cake - and to start EATING it... :p

Well saturated out of the camera, with all the smarties on it, I decided to lower saturation here - an easy thing to start. But I also darkened the image, using gradients, from the lower right and upper left, to leave only the top of the ring cake at the original exposure:

Chocolate Ring Cake

View attachment 1657842

This one I am not really happy with: I wanted to take a B&W snap of the two gymnasts (aka stuntmen), but leave the blue throwsers blue. I left just a hint of color on the wooden floor, also - Looking at it now, I think THAT's what's really bad, as 'selective' color only works with just one tone... :(

Daily workout ;)

View attachment 1657844

And now for something really different:

Seeing her reading (and trying to solve the riddles) in her "TipToi" book, I got this portrait. (TipToi = the big pen can be held over various areas in the books. It then reads/speaks to the young reader, explaining what one sees. It also contains games and riddles, where you have to point on specific things in the book).

I slightly desaturated this one, but then decided to edit the colors. I've never done that before (got new software I have you try out, hence the theme ;) ). In the dark tones, I brought in a blueish color shift, while in the middle ones and the lights, I went with a more orange hue. Of course, I overdid the first attempt - still a long way to go:

Evening read

View attachment 1657843
Nice set Roland. Desaturated or not, the cake looks yummy! The blue color selection is quite unusual. Interesting with the shift. I have never tried that (and don't have any speciality processing software (other than Photoshop, which I don't use much).

Real Name
Philip Armitage
was it yesterday or the day before - time stands still at the moment in lock down. But as a storm front approached at sunset, we had a rainbow to our northeast, sunset to the west and storm clouds to the south east

The sunset, more or less as it was, pushed the saturation up a bit.

fbDSC_0582.jpg

To the north was the rainbow - a double one - applied equalise filter then turned it bnw

fbstockDSC_0579.jpg

and to the southeast was the approaching storm cloud lit up by the sunset but you have to guess what it looked like in reality because I inverted the colours -

fbDSC_0583.jpg

was it yesterday or the day before - time stands still at the moment in lock down. But as a storm front approached at sunset, we had a rainbow to our northeast, sunset to the west and storm clouds to the south east

The sunset, more or less as it was, pushed the saturation up a bit.

View attachment 1657901

To the north was the rainbow - a double one - applied equalise filter then turned it bnw

View attachment 1657899

and to the southeast was the approaching storm cloud lit up by the sunset but you have to guess what it looked like in reality because I inverted the colours -

View attachment 1657900
Very nicely done!

I've prepared a rocket, to get out of here, if things get really bad...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom