CS #692 - Selcodesa mufa gropro. Covid! Noblawhi. Notublawhi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A before and after:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yeah, I kinda like the before better too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
was it yesterday or the day before - time stands still at the moment in lock down. But as a storm front approached at sunset, we had a rainbow to our northeast, sunset to the west and storm clouds to the south east

The sunset, more or less as it was, pushed the saturation up a bit.

View attachment 1657901

To the north was the rainbow - a double one - applied equalise filter then turned it bnw

View attachment 1657899

and to the southeast was the approaching storm cloud lit up by the sunset but you have to guess what it looked like in reality because I inverted the colours -

View attachment 1657900
The false color attempt looks promising for more :) Oh, and did I read "saturated" in the first?... Tzzz tzz tzz... :rolleyes:

It's still a very nice picture :)

Two pics from today's ration of outdoor exercise-cum-dog-walk. Processed in Lightroom plus Analog Efex Pro 2, film effect.

View attachment 1657930South Lakeland by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1657931South Lakeland 2 by warth man, on Flickr
Terrific Sir, and exactly what I was after with the theme! The colors look just slightly... surreal. Great. Pleasing. Warm and cold at the same time. The transition from the rather ... defined, strong foreground to the distant image layers... is just fantastic! Well, well done! (y)

One more from the "woodworks" series:

Pyramid
(slightly desaturated on the blocks, and heavily in the background, using a brushed mask)

Z07_8903.jpg

These two are inspired by the M series beemer... I have colored vehicles around to take pictures of, also. Well, Luca has. I tried to desaturate everything but the main colors:

We got a cat on our sofa

Z06_0487.jpg

Working in the garden

Z07_8922.jpg

Speaking of "garden": We enjoyed a great, warm day outside. So happy we got this possiblity now, to go out. We would be allowed to go to the woods, there's no ban to go outside in general... But it makes things so much easier for the kids. And dad, hanging around and taking pictures...

We got a cat under the apple tree (neighbour's cat)

Sound proofing
(We were cutting the moss out of the lawn with this thing that looks a bit like a lawn mower but doesn't mow but cut the upper ground layers with rotating knives...)

Remembering last's week "in the kitchen"

Oh, and I tried one more of these split toned attempts: cooler, blue in the shadows, warmer in the middles, and bright tones yet another touch more orange.

Drawing
Z06_0466.jpg

Roland - Your CS theme is one that "stretches" many of us, and that is a *very good thing*. I've tried to comply with the processed snap below, but suspect I've fallen a bit short, given your superb examples. We birded the ponds along the Colorado River for about 4 miles on today's sunny afternoon, and saw perhaps 20 Cinnamon Teal, among other delights. Here goes:

Home Safari. Better than the real thing, nothing wants to eat you :whistle:

You normally (??) like your colors saturated ? ;)
When I was editing this image I tried to keep it subdued, didn't kick up the colors as much as I often would do, and, well, even so I wasn't as successful as I had intended, but decided to share the image anyway.... Doing something like "split-toning" and such, with only part of the image saturated and the rest desaturated, is definitely beyond my skill set.

Staying at home and checking the wine cellar. Shall I open this bottle tonight?

Attachments

When I was editing this image I tried to keep it subdued, didn't kick up the colors as much as I often would do, and, well, even so I wasn't as successful as I had intended, but decided to share the image anyway.... Doing something like "split-toning" and such, with only part of the image saturated and the rest desaturated, is definitely beyond my skill set.
Hey I like your photo, sorry if I wasn't clear. I can certainly see the different approach, and it also works the way it is - which does not say it would not in the way you normally present this kind of work ;)

Learning how to work selectively in the image was, who wonders, one of the reasons to come up with the rather strange, maybe difficult theme - as one possibility. Hey, I got to learn that C1 and got to fail to do so by overcooking ;)

Normally, I like my images contrasty and saturated, too. Challenging myself here to see what the sliders to when pulled the opposite direction :)
It is perfectly OK to apply global changes only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom