CS #692 - Selcodesa mufa gropro. Covid! Noblawhi. Notublawhi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our backyard Chokecherry tree is getting ready to pop, and with so little wind today, I thought I'd have another go at Roland's CS guidelines.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's the original, more or less SOOC, for comparison:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Our backyard Chokecherry tree is getting ready to pop, and with so little wind today, I thought I'd have another go at Roland's CS guidelines.

View attachment 1658068

Here's the original, more or less SOOC, for comparison:

View attachment 1658069
Green is ... very green in the original ;)
We also got a cherrytree in the garden that is already shooting. Tomorrow it'll get really cold again for a few days - freezing temperatures. Let's hope the best for all the plants (that first felt it was spring, already).

What's especially nice in you desaturated one is the fact that all the reds next to the twig still pop. The tender leaflets don't look that frest, sure. But it'd certainly work, like that.

Speaking of garden and gardening, these days:

This guy needed a haircut (the pic is AFTER)
(or it would again transform in one uniform, green mass, ball, as it was since we got here)

Clippings
That's about half of it. Shredded the rest. (Plus we keep a few twigs for easter deco.)

Close(-r) up

Oh, and we're preparing our house and garden for easter. There won't be the usual family gathering. Normally, we're about 12-15 people - My wife's sister's family and the grand-parents of our children. Having brunch, playing games, eating chocolate and cakes later ... this all falls flat now. But my wife always decorates house and garden for easter, as she does for sring, fall, christmas time... :) There's no reason not to do that now. So we start having easter bunnies everywhere, inside and outside, in the windows...

Today, they started something new again. Oh, and while I went outside to take a picture, Luca wanted to open some tea bags he "coincidentally" discovered in that drawer. But before he could do mischief, he was detected ;)

Mayla's and Claudia's bunny army

Z06_0542.jpg

Self-Portrait
(later, taken from inside)

Spring time, misty evening.

Real Name
Ken St John
Not sure if this meets the criteria of being over saturated, or de-saturated ... it's just the reflection of my wheel barrow waiting for the rain to go away on a gray and rainy afternoon!!

Take care!!

Ken

I offer a picture of my homage to the new currency of the realm that I also posted in my 52-week thread.
Twelve rolls, given a place of honor, guarded by a small herd of Indian Elephants, and presided over by the Elephant God, Ganesh.
Why elephants you may ask? Well, in the upper left corner of the 12-pack it reads, "12 Jumbo Rolls"

This de-saturated version highlights the key features:

Spring time, misty evening.
View attachment 1658081
Perfect mood, fits the theme - and quite some detail to spot in that image. I like the wall paintings :) And I also wonder about the arrow on the street surface, if you're overtaking THERE, it's quite time to get back into the lane. The street lights are captured perfectly, that's what one has in mind thinking of a 'misty evening'. Was this captured using your Hassie?
One minor detail: I'd crop out the lower right corner with the brighter window (?) ...

Not sure if this meets the criteria of being over saturated, or de-saturated ... it's just the reflection of my wheel barrow waiting for the rain to go away on a gray and rainy afternoon!!
View attachment 1658135
Take care!!

Ken
This is a good shot to show what this is all about. I was after shot where reducing color intensity will help the picture, and I think it does, here. The image is all about the reflection and the wavelets all the raindrops form. But if I scroll down so far that I only see the reflection, a rather B&W image, without the leaves - something is lacking. The image needs the upper border, formed by all the leaves, and stones, for me. All this is needed for compositional reasons, to sort of 'close' the frame upwards, here, where one does not expect to fade out the water surface directly into the sky or a far away background, as the reflection also let's expect there IS something more.
In de-saturating the colors there, the leaves can serve perfectly to frame, but not to take away the focus from the main subject - drops and reflection.

I think this is very well done, and you came up with something that fits in here perfectly! (y)

I offer a picture of my homage to the new currency of the realm that I also posted in my 52-week thread.
Twelve rolls, given a place of honor, guarded by a small herd of Indian Elephants, and presided over by the Elephant God, Ganesh.
Why elephants you may ask? Well, in the upper left corner of the 12-pack it reads, "12 Jumbo Rolls"

This de-saturated version highlights the key features:

View attachment 1658136
Won-der-ful ;) :D
Concept, coloring, ...

This came to my mind:

Day at home, as my wife went to the office for a (video!) meeting.

Breakfast, and ready to draw :)

Perfect mood, fits the theme - and quite some detail to spot in that image. I like the wall paintings :) And I also wonder about the arrow on the street surface, if you're overtaking THERE, it's quite time to get back into the lane. The street lights are captured perfectly, that's what one has in mind thinking of a 'misty evening'. Was this captured using your Hassie?
One minor detail: I'd crop out the lower right corner with the brighter window (?) ...
Right, there's a gap on the fence there and the light passed through. I should have cropped it out.

It's taken with Leica CL and SL90mm.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom