CS #692 - Selcodesa mufa gropro. Covid! Noblawhi. Notublawhi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Andy
Chitown
Chicago_20200330_19_504763_20C_2115-2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Two frames, combined as a panorama in PS where I cloned out a construction crane in the foreground. Back in LR, I desaturated and reduced luminance in individual color channels to taste.

Real Name
Ken St John
This is a good shot to show what this is all about. I was after shot where reducing color intensity will help the picture, and I think it does, here. The image is all about the reflection and the wavelets all the raindrops form. But if I scroll down so far that I only see the reflection, a rather B&W image, without the leaves - something is lacking. The image needs the upper border, formed by all the leaves, and stones, for me. All this is needed for compositional reasons, to sort of 'close' the frame upwards, here, where one does not expect to fade out the water surface directly into the sky or a far away background, as the reflection also let's expect there IS something more.
In de-saturating the colors there, the leaves can serve perfectly to frame, but not to take away the focus from the main subject - drops and reflection.

I think this is very well done, and you came up with something that fits in here perfectly! (y)
Thanks so much for your comments and critique!!

(Just in case ... this is basically unprocessed, out of the camera, in "color"!! Some days here in the NW, it's hard to tell the difference between "color" and "grayscale"!!)

Ken

Not sure if this meets the criteria of being over saturated, or de-saturated ... it's just the reflection of my wheel barrow waiting for the rain to go away on a gray and rainy afternoon!!
View attachment 1658135
Take care!!

Ken
Ken - Anytime that you can send some of your PNW moisture into the Colorado River Valley, please arrange to do so!

I offer a picture of my homage to the new currency of the realm that I also posted in my 52-week thread.
Twelve rolls, given a place of honor, guarded by a small herd of Indian Elephants, and presided over by the Elephant God, Ganesh.
Why elephants you may ask? Well, in the upper left corner of the 12-pack it reads, "12 Jumbo Rolls"

This de-saturated version highlights the key features:

View attachment 1658136
Loving these "Guardians of our Galaxy", Nick.

I feel a little guilty not finding a way to participate this week--have been busy making masks for the local hospital. But I took time to take a snapshot of my work table, without adjusting the white balance, and then applied a technique new to me to get the color cast right. The photo is nothing and the correction is not perfect as I took all of 3 minutes with it, but the technique is pretty cool and uses the PS blend mode "divide". Here is the link to the video. and below that are my original snap and the color corrected version using "divide". It is really fast!

I really enjoy CS . Next time I will do a real photo.

49721892813_da2df9379c_c.jpg
using divide blend mode-orig by urbanflyer, on Flickr

49721893348_4b734bdd86_c.jpg
using divide blend mode by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Thanks, Roland, for hosting this challenging and enlightening (or perhaps that should be "selective lightening";)) CS. I know that I learned a lot and that I surely enjoyed everyone's contributions. And I hope that you and everyone else will participate in CS #693 "Ch . . . Ch . . . Ch... Changes" which I have posted provisionally. Assuming, that is, that Klaus will agree to my proposed theme for our next one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom