CS #698 - Black and white in colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Well my friends,

please show pictures that show black and white things. I don't mention monochrome...

One example:
NIK_0081.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Enjoy
Klaus

My morning coffee must have been something special! ☕

1. Information central.
B&W003_DxO.jpg

2. Sort of, kind of, "cheating" - - but the conversion was done by the subject (D850), not the shooting camera (Z6) :D
B&W006_DxO.jpg

3. "Take a load off, Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off, Fanny
And (and) (and) you put the load right on me…"

B&W004_DxO.jpg

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
My morning coffee must have been something special! ☕

1. Information central.
View attachment 1660903

2. Sort of, kind of, "cheating" - - but the conversion was done by the subject (D850), not the shooting camera (Z6) :D
View attachment 1660905

3. "Take a load off, Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off, Fanny
And (and) (and) you put the load right on me…"

View attachment 1660904
Wonderful examples Nick.
You drink your morning coffee black and white?

Kind regards
Klaus

Real Name
Paul
Fifty shades of gray
cs-698-6228.jpg

Black and White With a Splash of Color.jpeg

The spots and shadows (the latter went greenish during PP, for some weird reason) were on the subject, and so would be regarded as part of its character..... thankfully, after the shoot I didn't have to hastily do a major cleaning job on my camera's sensor! Yes, the subject was indeed purely black-and-white with a hint of color in just one area which I decided to leave in...... :)

Now sensor dust, that would be a winner :cool:

Boy, ain't THAT the truth! As others have commented, sensor dust seems to be more of an issue with these mirrorless camera bodies.....wow! Back in November when I first started using my new gear I wasn't prepared for the sensor dust issue, since for quite a while prior to that I'd just been going with the RX10 M4, a fixed-lens "bridge" camera, and had actually gotten out of the habit of paying attention to the blobs and specks and spots that can show up on my images since with that camera, they were few and far between. Easy enough to quickly zap them out with the PP software when an errant one or two did show up.

Well, it didn't take too long for me to get out the good old Rocket Blower and start putting it to work once I was back to seriously using an interchangeable lens camera system again! Yikes! So far I haven't had to go beyond that, blowing out the dust seems to work most of the time, but I know I should be looking into the various serious sensor-cleaning options now so that when the day comes that I get a yucky, sticky blobby on my sensor that won't just blow off that I can deal with it...... AIEEEEE!!!!!

In the meantime, trust me, the spots and stuff were all on the subject, NOT on my camera sensor (thank goodness!). I decided to just leave all of that there rather than spending time trying to remove it -- one thing to remove an occasional dust thingy from an image or a blob of some sort on a flower petal which spoils the overall impression of that flower, but quite another to if it is already spotty, alter and remove the offending objects and thus changing the way the actual subject actually presented itself in the first place.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Boy, ain't THAT the truth! As others have commented, sensor dust seems to be more of an issue with these mirrorless camera bodies.....wow! Back in November when I first started using my new gear I wasn't prepared for the sensor dust issue, since for quite a while prior to that I'd just been going with the RX10 M4, a fixed-lens "bridge" camera, and had actually gotten out of the habit of paying attention to the blobs and specks and spots that can show up on my images since with that camera, they were few and far between. Easy enough to quickly zap them out with the PP software when an errant one or two did show up.

Well, it didn't take too long for me to get out the good old Rocket Blower and start putting it to work once I was back to seriously using an interchangeable lens camera system again! Yikes! So far I haven't had to go beyond that, blowing out the dust seems to work most of the time, but I know I should be looking into the various serious sensor-cleaning options now so that when the day comes that I get a yucky, sticky blobby on my sensor that won't just blow off that I can deal with it...... AIEEEEE!!!!!

In the meantime, trust me, the spots and stuff were all on the subject, NOT on my camera sensor (thank goodness!). I decided to just leave all of that there rather than spending time trying to remove it -- one thing to remove an occasional dust thingy from an image or a blob of some sort on a flower petal which spoils the overall impression of that flower, but quite another to if it is already spotty, alter and remove the offending objects and thus changing the way the actual subject actually presented itself in the first place.
Connie,
it's easy. Go back to film.
Each picture a new sensor! ;) :) :D

Kind regards
Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom