CS #700 - Take Two (take two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CS #700 - Take Two (take two)

Friends - I'll offer a repeat of a theme from a few months ago. The idea behind "Take Two" is simple and broad: 1) Choose a subject; 2) then photograph and/or process it in two different ways, and then post your shots here - that's it!

Perhaps choosing different focal lengths or f stops; or by using two different lenses; maybe with different lighting on the subject, or from a different perspective; perhaps changing the orientation of the subject; maybe a "before and after"?; moving the subject either closer in or farther away; different treatments in your workup flow; etc.

I hope that I've conveyed the idea clearly. As usual - contributions that "stretch" the theme will be warmly welcomed. I can't wait to see what the creative CS community will come up with.

I hope that you'll find the time to drop some shots in, Paul. And . . . good onya for continuing at work, and, I hope, paying into Social Security for the benefit of old & retired folks like me! :D
Yeah, I’ve been a remote worker for several years now, so this is same old, same old, for me. I was hoping to retire in 4-5 years, but with the market and travel restrictions (we want to move, possibly more South, to a ranch or home with master bedroom on first floor - and do that purchase/sale pair BEFORE I retire), maybe I’ll retire in 45 years. 😁

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK - I suppose that as "host", I should toss something in that is relevant to the theme, so here goes.

Take one:

Take one.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Take two:

Take two.jpg

I did a quick and sloppy cleanup job on the dusty old black foam core in the 2nd, and in doing so, lost some of the rim; oh well. The hardest part was getting the quarter to balance on its edge!

OK - I suppose that as "host", I should toss something in that is relevant to the theme, so here goes.

Take one:

View attachment 1662278

Take two:

View attachment 1662279

I did a quick and sloppy cleanup job on the dusty old black foam core in the 2nd, and in doing so, lost some of the rim; oh well. The hardest part was getting the quarter to balance on its edge!
Nice pair. I really like the edge shot. Creative!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Color / black and white

Well Eric, just my examples:

(1) The color version

(2) Black and white

Enjoy
Klaus

As it happened, I did this kind of thing sort of unintentionally, but shot one of the photos on Wednesday the 27th before this particular CS had begun, and the other on Thursday the 28th, using two different lenses and two different approaches to the same general subject. They're both in my 52 Weeks project -- Week 22, called "New Life" and "Lilies of the Field" respectively -- but probably really shouldn't be included here as well. I'll see if I can shoot something else specifically with this topic in mind.

As it happened, I did this kind of thing sort of unintentionally, but shot one of the photos on Wednesday the 27th before this particular CS had begun, and the other on Thursday the 28th, using two different lenses and two different approaches to the same general subject. They're both in my 52 Weeks project -- Week 22, called "New Life" and "Lilies of the Field" respectively -- but probably really shouldn't be included here as well. I'll see if I can shoot something else specifically with this topic in mind.
I hope that you will, Connie.

I managed a lot of take 1's, and a few befores, and some afters, but not of the same scene. Finally, with my wife's help I succeeded today.
Jim, my newly minted Ph.D. stopped in for final signatures and I pulled out a few special beers—2012, 2011, and 2009 Abyss Ale from Deschutes Brewery, in Bend OR. These were beers that Jim and I leaned on for inspiration and/or fortitude during his long 9-year doctoral program.
Sauté Dr. Jim.

I managed a lot of take 1's, and a few befores, and some afters, but not of the same scene. Finally, with my wife's help I succeeded today.
Jim, my newly minted Ph.D. stopped in for final signatures and I pulled out a few special beers—2012, 2011, and 2009 Abyss Ale from Deschutes Brewery, in Bend OR. These were beers that Jim and I leaned on for inspiration and/or fortitude during his long 9-year doctoral program.
Sauté Dr. Jim.
View attachment 1662447

View attachment 1662448
What a terrific way to cap off his Ph.D. work! I've had several of Deschutes' brews (and have enjoyed them) but have never ventured into those ales.

Sauté Dr. Jim.
View attachment 1662447

View attachment 1662448
Excellent before and after.

Nine years! You are hard to satisfy. Or maybe he was just slow.

Sorry I'm late getting to this thread.

Take 1 with Nikon Z 50mm f/1.8s

Take 2 with Nikkor 55/3.5 AI Micro

You'll be excused if you can't discern a difference in quality. That old 55/3.5 continues to shine.

I've had several of Deschutes' brews (and have enjoyed them) but have never ventured into those ales.
A few years ago Deschutes announced that they were going to open an East Coast brewery in Roanoke, near us. They even opened a downtown tasting room, and began selling some of their products locally. But construction has been delayed and may never come to fruition.

We do enjoy their Black Butte Porter, which is available in our local Kroger grocery.

Sorry, I didn't get to play in this week's theme Eric. I've been flat out at work, trying to get changes in for a deadline. Long work days and weekends... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom