CS #705 - Growing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1)
I was devastated. Tomorrow, it'll be 3 weeks since my dad was told he's suffering from pancreas cancer.

He wasn't feeling well for weeks, not knowing why he wasn't really OK. And it took some time to find out - but I think he knew, must have known, something serious is going on. While for that type, 'serious' is an understatement.

Incredible how brave he is, laughing, enjoying the kids, strong, collected - we are so proud. "Well, so we have to go through that one, I can't change it anyway." He started chemotherapy a week ago. And all these hospital visits a walks outside with a f.... mask, of course...
Family walk to a vantage point

50/1.8S @ Z 6

View attachment 1665585

Both 24/1.8S @ Z 7, I am sitting in the center of the mini merry-go-round, bigger crops

View attachment 1665586

View attachment 1665587
Your family is so precious. All the photos are so heartwarming. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. That is so incredibly hard. We never know what tomorrow will bring, do we..... Hope you feel the love of your family to carry you through this rough time every day.

These are stunning. Perfect quality, the lens/camera deliver!
So lively flowers, smooth OOF background. But one small thing: in the third one my eye always moves to the right, unsharp flower. A bit distracting. I really prefer the other one of the whites, and would like to see a crop/composition without the right one.
Thank you. Good point about the third photo.

My wife's potted flowers are growing

_JZ64184.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(This is a trial photo made with my new PlatyPod camera support)

IMG_0916.jpg

Last edited:
This bug grew so fast that it had to shed its skin. Actually this is an exoskeleton from a Cicada moth.
GGE_8203-2.jpg

Last edited:
Water Lillies growing where once the ice was 2 feet thick.

Waterlilly-1.jpg

Yes, though it's early days yet. Looking forward to trying it in the woods, especially when the fungi start growing.

hurry up and give it the 2 thumbs up! I'm starting to get tempted. Though what I really need it a lightweight, cheap tripod with a center column that I can use for still life/table top/close ups/etc.

Boy you can tell I am getting old. I tried to post an image in this tread and it showed up as a thumbnail attachment. I finally figured it out so if any of you missed my post you can now see it above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom