CS #705 - Growing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Paul

Your family is so precious. All the photos are so heartwarming. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. That is so incredibly hard. We never know what tomorrow will bring, do we..... Hope you feel the love of your family to carry you through this rough time every day.
Thank you for your kind words. Seems to be the n orm, our "luck" - my wife's mother died from a seldom, aggressive form of a brain tumor in less than a year, back in 2009. Back then - I think nobody knew the term? - the doc told her to make a bucket list, or shorten it if there was one, and stick to it. Quick. :(

These alpacas can concentrate on growing their fleeces back in time for colder weather.

View attachment 1665646 Shorn by warth man, on Flickr
One can see the concentration in the left one's face! ? Go hard or go home! Grow (the wool)! Is there an imperativ for "growing";)
Water Lillies growing where once the ice was 2 feet thick.

View attachment 1665663
That's a lovely flower and a great exposure preserving all the detail that makes one recognize the concave form of the leaves! Too easy to get that wrong and flat! Love the 50+ shades of white.

Nick, Jim, Terri, Paul,
Thanks for your responses. Water lillies are one of my favorite flower subjects. Keeping detail in the white under a blazing sun is a challenge. Sometimes I use slight multi-image HDR, but on this day with a fair breeze, I needed to do it in one.

This beautiful creature likes the things that are growing in my yard.
_DSC0835-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This has been such a fun experience for me to host this thread. I'm grateful I had time to do it this week. If you would still like to participate, today is the last day. You have until midnight tonight. Is something "growing on you"?

Hey I've got 1min left, local time here. After finally getting the open task done: sit down, at the desk, start the computer and register the Z gear at Nikon's.

Here's the family

20200715_234623~01.jpg

- not showing: the 2 FTZ that came with the cameras
- not showing: the 2 teles that complete the setup at 200 and 400
- I thought of taking the picture with a DSLR, but it's too late to get it out.

And what does this have to do with growing, you certainly ask?

Look at the left end

20200715_234227.jpg

- there is some room there, isn't it?
- well... I broke down. Heading into summer holidays, I will let them have one more companion. Tomorrow, it should arrive: 14-30 :)
( - no clue why Nikon made the 50's box bigger)
( - no clue why the Z 6 box doesn't show the card that came with it, as the Z 7 kit box does)

EDIT:
I know it's late, wondering about such things... but found out: there was no card bundled within that, I ordered it separately.

Last edited:
Hey I've got 1min left, local time here. After finally getting the open task done: sit down, at the desk, start the computer and register the Z gear at Nikon's.

Here's the family

View attachment 1665746

Look at the left end

View attachment 1665747

- well... I broke down. Heading into summer holidays, I will let them have one more companion. Tomorrow, it should arrive: 14-30 :)
( - no clue why the Z 6 box doesn't show the card that came with it, as the Z 7 kit box does)

EDIT:
I know it's late, wondering about such things... but found out: there was no card bundled within that, I ordered it separately.
Quite the collection! I have to admit, my jealousy is growing!

Here's the family

View attachment 1665746

Look at the left end

View attachment 1665747

EDIT:
Growing, yes; your bank balance: probably not so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom