CS #708 - What's Cooking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Walter Rowe
For this week's Collective Shoot, I proposed "What's Cooking". This can be representative of any stage: super market display, staged ingredients, food preparation, plating and presentation, or consumption.

The normal Collective Shoot rules apply. Let's see what's cooking at your place!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Walter, it's an interesting CS...
A big range of pictures should be expected.

Thanks for hosting this
Klaus

No cooking today. I like to cook and do it even more often during holidays, but not today. Wife went home to work for 2 days. We 3 remaining went for a short walk to the woods, and ate there. We brought pre-cut raw vegetables as fingerfood, bread, and got a little fire going to grill sausages, held over the embers on sharpened sticks.

This will take a bit of thought and a trip to the lake for the main ingredient. Not sure when I will be back.
DSC_9603.JPG

Last edited:
I prepared a special lunch today for my wife and me of egg rolls with a homemade chili sauce. Special lunches occur no more than once each week; she's on her own for all other lunches. Sorry that I didn't have time to take a photo. (Yes, I do realize that when there is no photo, nothing actually happened. :eek: )

Last edited:
Thank goodness I'm a better cook than handyman. Actually, considering that I got three out of four racks installed straight, that's better than I would usually expect of myself. Fortunately, the racks are hidden behind an open kitchen door that is almost always open.

Mike 2020-07-30--001-S.jpg

Thank goodness I'm a better cook than handyman. Actually, considering that I got three out of four racks installed straight, that's better than I would usually expect of myself. Fortunately, the racks are hidden behind an open kitchen door that is almost always open.

View attachment 1666678
Wonderful to have all these ready and available when needed! And always remember: "'Done' is better than 'perfect'."

For this week's Collective Shoot, I proposed "What's Cooking". This can be representative of any stage: super market display, staged ingredients, food preparation, plating and presentation, or consumption.

The normal Collective Shoot rules apply. Let's see what's cooking at your place!

View attachment 1666664

View attachment 1666665

View attachment 1666666

View attachment 1666667

Interesting theme, Walter, but a week late for me. I cooked dinner on the grill last Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We're into leftovers now.

View attachment 1666664

View attachment 1666665

View attachment 1666666

View attachment 1666667
Great examples Walter! The scallops have my mouth watering. I don't usually cook, except for breakfasts, but I'm sure I can contribute on the consumption side!

I will stick to the 'better done than perfect' rule for this week, both with cooking and photography. In the holiday flat, we usually cook basic, simple and quick meals - not to say these aren't tasty. And hiking makes children hungry, so they taste what's "Baääääh!" at home ;)

And for photos: "Perfect" for a food photog might mean using some tricks to make it look better, but not remaining the meal eadible anymore, as we all know. So no, that's no option here. The professional food photog can always get a burger when the job's done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom