CS #710 - The Mundane

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has started a shoot and I will be available to host so I am just jumping in. Most of us are staying home these days. The only people I have really spent any time with are just my extended family. I have been walking along the same ditch bank all spring and summer. I took a camera with me last night, but there was nothing exciting to photograph. So I took a photo of some dirt and rocks and a few dried up weeds. It was very mundane, but at least I documented my trip with my camera. If you are stuck at home take some photos of mundane things this week and share them here. Hopefully this will be a topic we can all easily participate in. Probably won't have many beautiful photos, but life isn't always beautiful, is it?! If you want some ideas just go on flickr and search for mundane. There were actually some very interesting photos.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Got out to the Biltmore Estate (Asheville, NC) to walk among their gorgeous sunflowers.

Real Name
Bill
Baby Mountain Cottontail on the wall of our garden. It's only about grapefruit sized.

Green tomato, ripe tomato, half-eaten tomato,,,

Blueberries anxiously anticipating the cereal.

Yep, mundane for sure. I chose this topic partly for you. I thought it could give you lots of reasons to use your new gear. Your first images with it are looking really good!!
Thanks, Terri. I'm sure I can come up with some more mundane photos of mundane subjects. :D

The new new gear does not disappoint.

I owe you a better answer than that. The truth is, it is too early to make a definitive judgement. I am convinced that the kit 16-50 lens is better than the 18-55 kit lens for the D5500, so the initial photos do look better.

It's a rainy day here today, so perhaps I'll try to do an objective comparison, using the same lenses, with my wife's D5500.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I owe you a better answer than that. The truth is, it is too early to make a definitive judgement. I am convinced that the kit 16-50 lens is better than the 18-55 kit lens for the D5500, so the initial photos do look better.

It's a rainy day here today, so perhaps I'll try to do an objective comparison, using the same lenses, with my wife's D5500.
That would be awesome!

I was out on the back patio hoping for some shots of the most mundane of birds--English Sparrows, who decided it was too hot to feed. Found a few shots of plants that when I processed them they were anything but mundane, so they are going to be my 52 weeks offering.

Here are a few of the mundane ones:

1. Shadows (Giant Fireweed) are summer's signature.

2. Lone red Petunia-- mundane, but oh so dramatic at the edge of the light.

3. Blueberries fresh from the Farmer's Market--mundane in their abundance, but always a treat!

4. Drawn blinds on the south windows of the dining room. An everyday occurrence all summer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was out on the back patio hoping for some shots of the most mundane of birds--English Sparrows, who decided it was too hot to feed. Found a few shots of plants that when I processed them they were anything but mundane, so they are going to be my 52 weeks offering.

Here are a few of the mundane ones:

1. Shadows (Giant Fireweed) are summer's signature.
View attachment 1667666

2. Lone red Petunia-- mundane, but oh so dramatic at the edge of the light.

View attachment 1667667

3. Blueberries fresh from the Farmer's Market--mundane in their abundance, but always a treat!
View attachment 1667668

4. Drawn blinds on the south windows of the dining room. An everyday occurrence all summer.
View attachment 1667669
Nice contributions, Nick!! Thanks for participating. My favorites are your shadows and blueberries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom