CS #711 - Up high in the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Well my friends,
show pictures of things, animals and people that doesn't touch the ground.

Have fun
Klaus

I just shared this in another thread, but I'll share it here. The smoke from California fires have reached our area and the sun was very red this morning.

_56D7484.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_Z502841.jpg
_Z502846_sm.jpg

This is the seed pod of the teasel plant.

Last edited:
Hee, hee, yes, Jim, that first image DOES look like Sputnik!! LOL! My favorite of the two is that second one, though....I love how close up you got to it — nailed the focus! — and yet were able to show us the angle at which it’s tilted and the fascinating shapes of it.

That said, though, maybe I’m too literal-minded but IMHO neither of these images seems to fit with the description of this week’s topic as being “high in the sky” as for me, that suggests birds in flight, an airplane or helicopter soaring overhead, a beautiful cloud formation, a cloudburst of rain pouring down as the heavens let loose, or the moon or sun shining down upon us earthlings..... Or maybe even, a little closer to earth, a person or animal or bird doing a leap into the air..... A ballet dancer mid-air during a grand jete, for instance.... No physical connection with the ground / the earth at all for at least the moment in which the photo was captured. ??

Jim, your first shot looks like Sputnik!

You're absolutely right. I hadn't thought of that.

Hee, hee, yes, Jim, that first image DOES look like Sputnik!! LOL! My favorite of the two is that second one, though....I love how close up you got to it — nailed the focus! — and yet were able to show us the angle at which it’s tilted and the fascinating shapes of it.

That said, though, maybe I’m too literal-minded but IMHO neither of these images seems to fit with the description of this week’s topic as being “high in the sky” as for me, that suggests birds in flight, an airplane or helicopter soaring overhead, a beautiful cloud formation, a cloudburst of rain pouring down as the heavens let loose, or the moon or sun shining down upon us earthlings..... Or maybe even, a little closer to earth, a person or animal or bird doing a leap into the air..... A ballet dancer mid-air during a grand jete, for instance.... No physical connection with the ground / the earth at all for at least the moment in which the photo was captured. ??

Thanks, Connie. I think you're right, my photos don't quite fit the theme. But I'm afraid it's too late for me to remove them now.

I’m impressed with these photos. You are certainly making great use of that new camera. They are so sharp and the out of focus areas look very nice! Plus the seed pods aren’t touching the ground so your subject matter fits the theme perfectly!

Thanks, Terri. I was pleased and pleasantly surprised at how they turned out.

Well, a couple may qualify, and a couple are in"jest" :D

1. "Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see"

Start019_DxO.jpg

2. A lone cloud comes to make a liar out of me.
Start084_DxO.jpg

3. Fireweed seeds get free and take to the air . . .
Start023_DxO.jpg

4. I was working to catch this Red breasted Nuthatch as it flew away, instead I caught its dinner flying free !

Start053_DxO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom