CS #712 - Low Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Paul
Visited my daughter and family at their new apartment, now that they are all moved in (and really close to us now). They live in a remodeled Mill building that is really cool. The hallway by their apartment reminds me of the TV series...

Get Smart
theo__DSC6913.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It has really cool flooring, from the old mill...
theo__DSC6920.jpg

theo__DSC6921.jpg

Real Name
Paul
Obligatory shot of Theodore for the visit...
theo__DSC6919.jpg

A heart pillow that he pulled out...
theo__DSC6927.jpg

Real Name
Paul
They live on the top floor of the building... but it has the ability to go low down, with a

Lower Level
theo__DSC6933.jpg

Up on the Roof, there is a large deck with railing all around, reclining chairs, tables, and places to sun-bathe. One can even get low down, but have a view that is pretty high up...
theo__DSC6937.jpg

Real Name
Paul
That floor sure has character and some great stories to share; as does Theo!
Yeah, there are quite a few mill buildings along the Merrimack river, most were textiles (Amoskeag Manufacturing Company in Manchester was the largest in the world at one time). They've been converted into apartments, offices for high tech businesses (e.g. Oracle, Deka - the maker of Segways, before that part of the business was sold), restaurants, and a University.

They live on the top floor of the building... but it has the ability to go low down, with a

Lower Level
View attachment 1669092

Up on the Roof, there is a large deck with railing all around, reclining chairs, tables, and places to sun-bathe. One can even get low down, but have a view that is pretty high up...
View attachment 1669093
Creative take on the theme!

Not quite the view I expected. Will have to work on it later—have a Zoom session with our kids.

Down007.jpg

Nice, Dexbana. Perhaps we need more warmth here to get these. We certainly have the moisture!
Been warm and moist here. Dew points in the mid 70s!
Heres the same fungi 24 hours later and one of her friends.

Z6A_2237_DxO.jpg

Z6A_2241_DxO.jpg

I just returned from few days of camping with Greg. (No grandkids this trip....just the two of us.) We were at a beautiful place along the banks of the Snake River. It is an area with heavy vegetation. The woods are dry as we have had a hot summer. I spent quite a bit of time crawling around on the ground trying to find something to shoot for this challenge. It seems that with all the dried up flowers and plants as well as the ones still growing all my shots are quite chaotic. I had fun....didn't get anything great, but will share my efforts with you. Most were done with the D5600. The fully articulating screen was very handy. The kit lens focuses close, so that is what I mostly used. I know I am not supposed to share so many shots at once, but I had very limited internet access while I was there as well as not having my computer....only a small laptop.

Dried up flower.
_56D8072.jpg

Interesting leaves.

_56D7925.jpg

Fall colors starting to show up.

_56D8075.jpg

Still a few heat tolerant flowers blooming.
_56D8087.jpg

Even the deer leave their mark.
_56D8096.jpg

Flowers along the riverbank.

_DSC4390.jpg

More color. We were on a hike and I had my 14-30 f4 on my Z6.
_DSC4543.jpg

We went to the top of a mountain. We were at nearly 10,000 feet elevation here. It was cold and super windy. I got down to try a down low shot, but didn't do much to get a good composition. It was too miserable up there to be crawling around on the ground.

_DSC4636.jpg

One more from the garage and couple form the yard.

1. Was hoping for some kids, or a dog walker to walk by. Instead, a speeding pickup.

Down017.jpg

2. A Mud Dauber nest just off the drvieway. Mostly harmless.
Down019.jpg

3. A wasp or some other devious insect lives here. Hopefully one of you will identify it for me.

Down021.jpg

Real Name
Paul
I just returned from few days of camping with Greg. (No grandkids this trip....just the two of us.) We were at a beautiful place along the banks of the Snake River. It is an area with heavy vegetation. The woods are dry as we have had a hot summer. I spent quite a bit of time crawling around on the ground trying to find something to shoot for this challenge. It seems that with all the dried up flowers and plants as well as the ones still growing all my shots are quite chaotic. I had fun....didn't get anything great, but will share my efforts with you. Most were done with the D5600. The fully articulating screen was very handy. The kit lens focuses close, so that is what I mostly used. I know I am not supposed to share so many shots at once, but I had very limited internet access while I was there as well as not having my computer....only a small laptop.

Dried up flower.
View attachment 1669120

Interesting leaves.

View attachment 1669121

Fall colors starting to show up.

View attachment 1669122

Still a few heat tolerant flowers blooming.
View attachment 1669123

Even the deer leave their mark.
View attachment 1669124

Flowers along the riverbank.

View attachment 1669125

More color. We were on a hike and I had my 14-30 f4 on my Z6.
View attachment 1669126

We went to the top of a mountain. We were at nearly 10,000 feet elevation here. It was cold and super windy. I got down to try a down low shot, but didn't do much to get a good composition. It was too miserable up there to be crawling around on the ground.

View attachment 1669127
Sounds like a great place to visit. Must have been nice to get out and enjoy nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom