CS #714 - Impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Klaus's bank balance. And Nick and Mike's list of wines to be avoided, once drunk. The wines that is, not Nick and Mike. Of course.
This may be tough as we can't go outside with all the smoke coming up from the US. Maybe something like ... how do they get all those small people inside the TV? :p .... impressive

Last edited:
Well, talking about, Mike, wine and impressive . . .

(pardon the dust!)

IMG_3466.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
This is the Alexander Black House in Blacksburg. The owner lent his name to the town.

Several years ago the house was moved, intact, from Main Street to its present location. That was an impressive project. It now serves as a museum for the town.
_Z503396.jpg

A most impressive style, love all the porches and the color scheme too.
Nice Victorian, don't think I've ever seen a decorative steeple like that before.

I'm not sure if that was the original color scheme, but I agree it looks nice. When we moved to Blacksburg in 1974, the building was on Main Street and served as a funeral home. I think it was white then.

To quote Wikipedia:

The house was built around 1897. The owner, Alexander Black, was a great-great-grandson of Samuel Black, who bought the land on which Blacksburg is now located. Alexander Black was a prominent businessman in the town, and his first house reflected the typical design of homes in Blacksburg at the time. When that house burned down, he chose to build a new house in the Queen Anne style. The house features elements such as steep cross-gabled roofs, gingerbread trim, towers, and vertical windows.[1]

The Black family lived in the house until 1935, when Alexander Black died. The house was then used as a funeral home until 2002. To accommodate its use as a funeral home, the wraparound porch was enclosed, and some interior walls were removed to provide gathering areas. The second-floor balcony and some of the bay windows were enclosed as well, and the house was given vinyl siding.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Looking to old pictures I found this one.
It was taken back in 2003 when I attended the 50th anniversary of Corvette.
Later on I drove to the Appalacians and found this place...

0260.jpg

These natural rivers are very rare over here in Germany. So, in my opinion, they are impressive.

Kind regards
Klaus

After reading countless Off-Road and overland adventure touring magazines, I have decided to pull the trigger and make a major upgrade to the car :sneaky:
DSC_9855.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom