CS #714 - Impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always impressive to see the slopes...

be it upwards

Z07_1162~01.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

or, even more so, when looking down:

Z07_1160~01.jpg

different angle to show the tracks falling into nowhere, to the right:

Z07_1179~01.jpg

(all images from the Vitznau <-> Rigi Bahn, taken at the 'Kaltbach Bad' stop)

Last edited:
for those not impressed: they even use old, original material, some days:

One wagon, pushed upwards by a new composition

Z07_1152~01.jpg

Haha, Bingo, and fast :) :D

explanation:

I made a little quiz out of this post, for myself. About every time I post images from a Swiss holiday location, it is about 100% sure someone has already been there, and esp. you guy from the other side of the pond. So I say to myself: who is it, this time, and how long does it take him/her to spot my post? Maybe Jim? As you post in this CS, about half a day?

Wrong I was - but only with time. About 15 minutes... ;)

Haha, Bingo, and fast :) :D

explanation:

I made a little quiz out of this post, for myself. About every time I post images from a Swiss holiday location, it is about 100% sure someone has already been there, and esp. you guy from the other side of the pond. So I say to myself: who is it, this time, and how long does it take him/her to spot my post? Maybe Jim? As you post in this CS, about half a day?

Wrong I was - but only with time. About 15 minutes... ;)

You've got us figured out. But you happen to live in a very popular country for foreign tourists.

The day my wife and I rode that train was an interesting one, and gave me new respect for the Swiss transportation system. We were lodging in Meiringen and had taken the train to Lucerne, then boarded a boat to travel up the lake to the Rigi Bahn landing. When the conductor on the boat asked for our ticket my wife realized that she had left our Swiss Pass on the seat of the train. We contacted the executive officer on the boat who made some phone calls and returned to say, yes, the Swiss pass had been found and the train conductor would have it for us when we boarded the return train in the evening. He then presented us with a temporary pass for the day which included the ride on the Rigi Bahn.

We had barely gotten into our seats on the train back to Meiringen that evening when the conductor approached and handed us our Swiss passes.

I was very impressed!

Last edited:
It was an impressive surprise today to see three cormorants together on our little lake! All three are clearly in different stages of their maturity......

Cormorants Three.jpeg

Thursday, there was a pretty impressive sunrise at Cocoa Beach, FL. I gave it some help with a 10 stop ND, 2 stop reverse grad ND, polarizer, Lightroom and Topaz.
D530F904-8777-4FD2-8393-2D8DA10F12BB.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom