CS #714 - Impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter's St. Berdoodle is a very impressive dog.

That is an impressive looking dog, and a breed I had not heard of. But Poodles get bred to lots of other breeds now. A couple of weeks ago I ran into a fellow with two Golden Retriever/Poodle hybrids. He had a catchy name for it that I forget...I think it was "Goldendoodle".

We have a local walking/biking/running trail that started as a rails-to-trails project but has been expanded much beyond that. A new section that recently opened crosses a wetland with a most impressive boardwalk.

_Z503435.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_Z503436.jpg
_Z503441.jpg

We have a local walking/biking/running trail that started as a rails-to-trails project but has been expanded much beyond that. A new section that recently opened crosses a wetland with a most impressive boardwalk.

Looks like a beautiful walkway!! The Z50 and kit lens seems to make a great pair. I hope you are able to share photos from this location again when the leaves turn.

Real Name
Eamonn
As is usual when I travel, I lug my DLSR's around and usually end up leaving them in the apartment as they're just too much hassle at times. The past couple of years I've relied upon a Sony RX100 III for the small and light option but since sold that so I bought the in store demo Z50 model 2 lens option in Media Markt here in Vienna at the weekend. A quick 20 mins setting it up for my use and got to say that it's an impressive small, light high image quality body so I get to try it out in a city with impressive buildings. Hopefully this will entice me to shoot and post more often.
Schönbrunn Palace.

2020_Vienna_Schonbrunn-38.jpg

As is usual when I travel, I lug my DLSR's around and usually end up leaving them in the apartment as they're just too much hassle at times. The past couple of years I've relied upon a Sony RX100 III for the small and light option but since sold that so I bought the in store demo Z50 model 2 lens option in Media Markt here in Vienna at the weekend. A quick 20 mins setting it up for my use and got to say that it's an impressive small, light high image quality body so I get to try it out in a city with impressive buildings. Hopefully this will entice me to shoot and post more often.
Schönbrunn Palace.

View attachment 1670075
So glad to hear that you like it. The photo looks great. I'm been trying to talk myself out of upgrading my D5600 to a Z50 for several weeks. But I found a nice used Z50 on FM and it is in transit to my house. I'll be selling the D5600. So your initial impressions are encouraging!!

Schönbrunn Palace.

View attachment 1670075

Excellent image of a very impressive palace. It's good to hear that you like your Z50. I'm very impressed with mine.

That is the text book example of the affinity of blue and orange! BRAVO, Tony. And so 3D too.
Thanks Nick. I very much appreciate your feedback. I’ve been trying to get a good long exposure sunrise for some time. This one hit the mark.
That's an IMPRESSIVE photo!! Well done! PS....What sort of filter system do you use to be able to stack that many filters?
Thanks, Terry. The setup is the Nikon Z7, Nikon 14-30S with a Formatt Hitech Firecrest filter holder with the polarizer mounted on the ring. A Lee 10 stop ND In the slot closest to the lens and a Formatt Hitech 2 stop reverse graduated ND are in the other slot of the filter holder. I also have a Lee holder but really like the way the polarizer mounts and is easy to rotate in the Formatt Hitech holder.
That's a "Wow!" pic. It needs a wall now.
Thanks. I was thinking the same thing today. Just need to get approval for which wall it can occupy.

Thanks Nick. I very much appreciate your feedback. I’ve been trying to get a good long exposure sunrise for some time. This one hit the mark.

Thanks, Terry. The setup is the Nikon Z7, Nikon 14-30S with a Formatt Hitech Firecrest filter holder with the polarizer mounted on the ring. A Lee 10 stop ND In the slot closest to the lens and a Formatt Hitech 2 stop reverse graduated ND are in the other slot of the filter holder. I also have a Lee holder but really like the way the polarizer mounts and is easy to rotate in the Formatt Hitech holder.

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing today. Just need to get approval for which wall it can occupy.
Thank you for the info on your filter setup. It sounds very elaborate.

This has been a fun shoot, Klaus. The heavy smoke as well as work are keeping me mostly home and indoors. But, I did get out to shoot an impressive batch of rather unimpressive toadstools. We don't have all the exotic mushrooms here in the high country desert. These are just some that like to grow under our willow trees when the weather cools down a bit. My guess is that Greg will cut them down with the edger next time he mows the lawn.
_DSC5106.jpg
_DSC5090.jpg

This has been a fun shoot, Klaus. The heavy smoke as well as work are keeping me mostly home and indoors. But, I did get out to shoot an impressive batch of rather unimpressive toadstools. We don't have all the exotic mushrooms here in the high country desert. These are just some that like to grow under our willow trees when the weather cools down a bit. My guess is that Greg will cut them down with the edger next time he mows the lawn. View attachment 1670175 View attachment 1670174
Lovely. I can just imagine all the elves, fairies and gnomes who live in them :D

This has been a fun shoot, Klaus. The heavy smoke as well as work are keeping me mostly home and indoors. But, I did get out to shoot an impressive batch of rather unimpressive toadstools. We don't have all the exotic mushrooms here in the high country desert. These are just some that like to grow under our willow trees when the weather cools down a bit. My guess is that Greg will cut them down with the edger next time he mows the lawn. View attachment 1670175 View attachment 1670174

I think these are very interesting and well photographed.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Thank you my friends for participating this CS.
There were interesting pictures, stunning pictures and some wonderful ideas.

Kind regards
Klaus

Oh, someone got an idea for the upcoming week?

NIce color Jim. did you do anything to enhance them or subdue the background.

The corona virus stopped us from going out for Morels this year. no one even had any for sale except the freeeze dried or mostly just dried. YUK! Maybe next spring???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom