CS #715 - Humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joys of rental property ownership :whistle: ... no new toys for me for a while.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Ken St John
I'm afraid this is just about as close as I can come this week ... from a visit yesterday to Leavenworth, WA. There's a shop called "Kris Kringle" that's all-Christmas, all-year long. They are displaying an upside down Christmas tree, which we found funny ... but strangely cool as well!!

I was walking to a concert in Washington, DC's Capitol Hill area one night at Christmastime when I realized the tree that was so nicely displayed in the window of a residence was hanging upside down from the ceiling. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me and this was before I had a smart phone with a built-in camera.

I'm afraid this is just about as close as I can come this week ... from a visit yesterday to Leavenworth, WA. There's a shop called "Kris Kringle" that's all-Christmas, all-year long. They are displaying an upside down Christmas tree, which we found funny ... but strangely cool as well!!
View attachment 1670483
Love it - and I'm glad I have three months to think about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here are few from around the house.

1. A book one of the kids gave my wife some time ago! Yep, she's of Norwegian descent, spends retirement doing genealogy work, and leraning Norwegian. And yes, she is always the last one to get a joke!

2. A can of peas my son got in a genetics class at the U of Idaho. Creative for sure, but gotta love the humor that probably skipped right over a few . . .

A. Gotta love ". . beyond any reasonable statistical expectation."

B. Nutrition label like no other!

C. "Come to office hours." :D:ROFLMAO:(y)

Here are few from around the house.

1. A book one of the kids gave my wife some time ago! Yep, she's of Norwegian descent, spends retirement doing genealogy work, and leraning Norwegian. And yes, she is always the last one to get a joke!
View attachment 1670493

2. A can of peas my son got in a genetics class at the U of Idaho. Creative for sure, but gotta love the humor that probably skipped right over a few . . .

A. Gotta love ". . beyond any reasonable statistical expectation."

View attachment 1670494

B. Nutrition label like no other!

View attachment 1670495

C. "Come to office hours." :D:ROFLMAO:(y)

View attachment 1670496
Love the book. Made me laugh.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not to pick only on my wife, here is what my kids gave me for my retirement. I do plan to live up to that!

This is the first time Virginia has had mail-in voting when a reason for not voting in person is not required. My package was missing "Envelope B," which has to be signed and returned. Otherwise, my vote would not be counted. However, give the government kudos for knowing in advance that they would make mistakes, as shown in the photo.

While waiting on hold to talk to a government employee, who happened to be very polite and effective, I was able to plan the photo, set it up, capture it, post-process it and catalog it. Just as I was about to post it, the employee came on the phone and promised that Envelope B would be put in today's mail to me.

Mike 2020-09-22--0001-S.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom