CS #716 - 'Scapes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The lower, red brick buildings were all mill buildings, by the famous Merrimack river. The ones in the foreground were all turned into office spaces. The ones in the background are a mix of businesses and apartments. The taller building on the left is apartments and used to have a restaurant on top (with the smokey greenhouse like structure).

There are more mill building up and down the river on both sides, some used by businesses, some for apartments, and some converted into classrooms for the University of New Hampshire.

I'm on the roof of one of the large mill buildings (an apartment complex now), shooting across the river, towards the center of Manchester, right at sunset. It's a pretty scenic and historic area.
That's really interesting. Great that the buildings have been kept and used. They're very attractive.

Landscape with cows
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cityscape with cow

I took these photos this morning but I'm not sure they fall under the definition of "Scapes":

It's the final day so hopefully we can reel in a few more wonderful 'Scape shots. I've just realised we haven't had a seascape yet. Or a starscape. There are probably others we could dream up too. We are in for a pretty wet day around here so that will keep me from the paintbrush and allow me to see what I can find. Always nice to have a reason to get out and about.

We had a strong storm last night that took down a lot of foliage. I'm sure this area no longer looks like this photo(or the earlier photos). Many thanks to members commenting on my earlier posts (Jim, Paul, Nick, Bill, Eric, Ron and Klaus). I appreciate your comments although I am often lax in responding.

We had a strong storm last night that took down a lot of foliage. I'm sure this area no longer looks like this photo(or the earlier photos). Many thanks to members commenting on my earlier posts (Jim, Paul, Nick, Bill, Eric, Ron and Klaus). I appreciate your comments although I am often lax in responding.
View attachment 1670977
Another super shot Dave. Glorious colours and all still there after the storm.

The camera is now dry again after the Morecambe Bay trip (I hope). Unfortunately, though, we still have 100% cloud cover and rain. No starscapes from me tonight! So that's me done for this week, which I have enjoyed. Nice to see so many chipping in and having fun and contributing to what has been a good CS week. Hopefully someone will pick up the baton for the week starting at midnight tonight. In fact I think there are only ten more slots to fill this year, so give Klaus a hand and get your volunteer hats on. And thank you all for going out of your way to find 'Scapes this week. Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom