CS #716 - 'Scapes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been some very nice submissions. I have been on a little trip for four days with little Internet access. I tried to share this yesterday, but had no luck. Greg and I were in Teton Park. He was looking at Mt. Moran through his binoculars and found something rather bizarre. The square shaped glacier was most unusual. This is a cropped photo from my camera, but there is nothing added or subtracted in photoshop. I felt like someone was looking at me the rest of the day!! I'll share some other landscapes later once we are unpacked.View attachment 1670671
Definitely a face. Nicely seen. Is that one of the presidents? Perhaps this is the start of another Mt. Rushmore.

Last edited:
Real Name
Bill Walderman
Riverscapes -- the Anacostia River
These are cropped, not a pano. And the sky hasn't been replaced, but it has been shamelessly manipulated.
WJW_7133.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The dome of the US Capitol can be seen on the right in the distance.

WJW_7153-2.jpg
The spans of the new Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge can be seen in the distance.

Last edited:
Real Name
Bill Walderman
Bridgescapes

The South Capitol Street Bridge, with the completed spans of the new Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge behind it.

The Washington Navy Yard Bridge

It was not a good day for photography. I did what I could.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some sort of... carscape?
Mum and sis are buying clothes (second hand market held at local school's gym hall, you bring what can be sold and used again. Like a flea market, but no individual selling booths - everything is layed out sorted by sizes, of course). Winter stuff.

We waited outside (mask, and names taken on a list - and try to bring as few people as reasonably possible). But with the wind and cold, we soon got back in the car to look at the little man's books and draw a bit.

Carscape
Building site

View attachment 1670709

mobile phone
Well done Roland - an E-scape from shopping. The truckscape looks good too.

Wetscape......water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink! Powerwashing our boardwalk...... (Shot from my safely dry deck, just above and slightly behind him! I had gone out to the deck to see what the heck the racket was, as the machine was really loud.)

View attachment 1670720
Looking good Connie. It makes a big difference.

RV Parkscape.
Gros Ventres Campground. This place is usually easy to get into. But with Covid, so many more people are camping for vacations. It was filled early in the day everyday we were there.

RV Parkscape. View attachment 1670769Gros Ventres Campground. This place is usually easy to get into. But with Covid, so many more people are camping for vacations. It was filled early in the day everyday we were there.
They look to be reasonably well spaced though. I think that here in the UK you would be much closer to each other. Is that a wee dog in the scrub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom