CS #716 - 'Scapes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting from midnight tonight, wherever you are, and for the following week the next CS subject is 'Scapes. Any kind of 'scape, be it landscape, seascape, cityscape, nightscape, even a bathyscape / scaphe if you happen to have one lying around. Or perhaps any form of e - scape. The choice is yours and we are to follow the usual rules: submissions are to be photographs taken over the next seven days and nights; maximum three pics per post, but there is nothing to stop you making more than one post; all to be "safe"; and the golden rule - have fun doing it. I'm sure samples are not really needed but I put some up just to act as pictorial starters:

Landscape
8059644636_d859df43f5_h.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Sunrise from Orrest Head by warth man, on Flickr

Seascape
50097232632_938908b9e5_h.jpg
Hebrides Spring by warth man, on Flickr

Townscape
48086510101_71d9ddc58c_h.jpg
Tobermory 1 by warth man, on Flickr

I know that most of us are restricted these days but hope we can get at least some fresh views of the wider world out there. I look forward to seeing what we can come up with.

Good idea. This topic will inspire me to go to some places I was planning to get back to once the weather cools, and we have had low temperatures in the 30s and 40s F since Saturday. So that criterion has been met...no excuses now.

These three images are w/in a 1 mile walk of my house. Yesterday I captured them and was planning to post one. I couldn't decide which one so here are all three:
1. Looking from Bloomington towards Saint George.
Virgin River from Bloomington.jpg

2. Bicycle rider on the Virgin River trail.
_D2H0011.jpg

3. Blake Farm House - An historical landmark.
Blake Farm House.jpg

Nice trio, Gordon. I like #2 for the layers, and 3 for the stone construction.
Thanks Nick. Right across the street from the Blake House is an old pioneer house that has now fallen into such a state of disrepair as to make it no longer picture worthy. I have used that house many times for some of my paid gigs.

These three images are w/in a 1 mile walk of my house. Yesterday I captured them and was planning to post one. I couldn't decide which one so here are all three:
1. Looking from Bloomington towards Saint George.
View attachment 1670611
2. Bicycle rider on the Virgin River trail.
View attachment 1670612
3. Blake Farm House - An historical landmark.
View attachment 1670613

Nice, Gordon. That's a fair old escarpment and scree slope. Thanks for being first off the mark!

Ashamed to say that I got nowhere today. Rain outside and one granddaughter has just arrived at her wonderful (!) teen years, so we were engaged in an awkwardly social distancing birthday event. Sorry folks but I'll try harder tomorrow.

Real Name
Paul
Ashamed to say that I got nowhere today. Rain outside and one granddaughter has just arrived at her wonderful (!) teen years, so we were engaged in an awkwardly social distancing birthday event. Sorry folks but I'll try harder tomorrow.
Same here... crazy day at work... I guess they are trying to squeeze the last bit of work out of me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom