CS #716 - 'Scapes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Paul
eSCAPE from cable service...
cs_716__DSC7130.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yesterday, I canceled the TV part of internet and TV, and will be setting up for streaming on all our devices. Have to return the boxes today.. Freshing to "cut the cord" and escape the high prices of cable TV.

There have been some very nice submissions. I have been on a little trip for four days with little Internet access. I tried to share this yesterday, but had no luck. Greg and I were in Teton Park. He was looking at Mt. Moran through his binoculars and found something rather bizarre. The square shaped glacier was most unusual. This is a cropped photo from my camera, but there is nothing added or subtracted in photoshop. I felt like someone was looking at me the rest of the day!! I'll share some other landscapes later once we are unpacked. View attachment 1670671

Well spotted Terri. Could be the new Mount Rushmore in the making.

Ron - your theme inspired me to take a drive this afternoon, and I'll share 3 snaps from the diverse landscape around here. The 1st is of Mt. Garfield, which towers over the vineyards and orchards of the town of Palisade, about 15 miles east of me. The next two are from up on the Grand Mesa, about 50 miles east at ca. 10,000' elevation.

View attachment 1670672

View attachment 1670673

View attachment 1670674

Magnificent set Eric. Amazing landscapes, the first one especially, to me anyway. We have nothing like that here.

eSCAPE from cable service...
View attachment 1670683
Yesterday, I canceled the TV part of internet and TV, and will be setting up for streaming on all our devices. Have to return the boxes today.. Freshing to "cut the cord" and escape the high prices of cable TV.

Good for you Paul and thanks for finding the time to chip in, bearing in mind how busy you are right now. Really appreciated.

I have to say it's been really nice to come back on and find all these wonderful contributions. Some truly spectacular images here. I've been wrestling with the new camera again and with software so didn't get as far as I'd hoped this morning. Nonetheless, I came back with this from our local area - a Canalscape! A week ago the surface of the water was covered in a blanketing weed, some of which can still be seen at the edges. The Trust got a boat with a weed-cutter in and the difference is remarkable. Taken on the X100V. I'd better get the Nikons out again.

50385248443_94e14f118d_h.jpg
Lancaster and Kendal Canal by warth man, on Flickr

Some sort of... carscape?
Mum and sis are buying clothes (second hand market held at local school's gym hall, you bring what can be sold and used again. Like a flea market, but no individual selling booths - everything is layed out sorted by sizes, of course). Winter stuff.

We waited outside (mask, and names taken on a list - and try to bring as few people as reasonably possible). But with the wind and cold, we soon got back in the car to look at the little man's books and draw a bit.

Carscape
Building site

20200926_103823~01~01.jpg

mobile phone

Wetscape......water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink! Powerwashing our boardwalk...... (Shot from my safely dry deck, just above and slightly behind him! I had gone out to the deck to see what the heck the racket was, as the machine was really loud.)

Powerwashing the Boardwalk.jpeg

There have been some very nice submissions. I have been on a little trip for four days with little Internet access. I tried to share this yesterday, but had no luck. Greg and I were in Teton Park. He was looking at Mt. Moran through his binoculars and found something rather bizarre. The square shaped glacier was most unusual. This is a cropped photo from my camera, but there is nothing added or subtracted in photoshop. I felt like someone was looking at me the rest of the day!! I'll share some other landscapes later once we are unpacked. View attachment 1670671

I have about the same picture but no face. Mine was taken in Aug of 2015.

Ron - your theme inspired me to take a drive this afternoon, and I'll share 3 snaps from the diverse landscape around here. The 1st is of Mt. Garfield, which towers over the vineyards and orchards of the town of Palisade, about 15 miles east of me. The next two are from up on the Grand Mesa, about 50 miles east at ca. 10,000' elevation.

View attachment 1670672

View attachment 1670673

View attachment 1670674

Beautiful scenery, Eric, and very well photographed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom