CS #716 - 'Scapes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some sort of... carscape?
Mum and sis are buying clothes (second hand market held at local school's gym hall, you bring what can be sold and used again. Like a flea market, but no individual selling booths - everything is layed out sorted by sizes, of course). Winter stuff.

We waited outside (mask, and names taken on a list - and try to bring as few people as reasonably possible). But with the wind and cold, we soon got back in the car to look at the little man's books and draw a bit.

Carscape
Building site

View attachment 1670709

mobile phone
What a handsome guy, Roland!

RV Parkscape. View attachment 1670769 Gros Ventres Campground. This place is usually easy to get into. But with Covid, so many more people are camping for vacations. It was filled early in the day everyday we were there.
I surely know what you mean about everyone being out there camping. I've been looking at teardrop trailers, but most manufacturers now have > 1 year wait lists!:eek:

PEAR SCAPES
We have more pears on our single Bosc tree than we know what to do with—so our neighbors came over to glean.

1. Theo, the elder, decided it was more fun to eat pears, even with braces on his teeth . . .

View attachment 1670853

2. Rose was up the ladder and up the tree and hard at work.
View attachment 1670854

3. Theo had another pear.

View attachment 1670855

4. Rose climbed higher and picked more pears.
View attachment 1670859

For those who can count, like West, 2+2=3. (Idaho math).
Brings back memories for me, Nick; growing up in western PA, we had Bosc and Anjou pear trees.

Gros Ventres River, Grand Teton National Park

_DSC5639-2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Paul
Cityscape...
cs716__DSC7175.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sorry folks. Haven't been able to get out and about today. It was a paintbrush day - the stable needs a coat. Not finished by a long chalk either and the rain is back tomorrow. Perhaps I'll get a rainscape!

Real Name
Paul
A nice one too Paul, with autumn colours really beginning to show. Do all those white-framed windows indicate flats/apartments? Pretty nice location if so.
The lower, red brick buildings were all mill buildings, by the famous Merrimack river. The ones in the foreground were all turned into office spaces. The ones in the background are a mix of businesses and apartments. The taller building on the left is apartments and used to have a restaurant on top (with the smokey greenhouse like structure).

There are more mill building up and down the river on both sides, some used by businesses, some for apartments, and some converted into classrooms for the University of New Hampshire.

I'm on the roof of one of the large mill buildings (an apartment complex now), shooting across the river, towards the center of Manchester, right at sunset. It's a pretty scenic and historic area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom