CS #717 - The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting at midnight tonight (Wednesday, September 30, 2020, wherever you are, and for the following week the next (ending exactly a week later) CS #717 will study the 'The New Normal'.

All of us are facing the changes and challenges wrought by Covid. Many are facing the challenges and opportunities of a new retirement. Others may have a new spouse, a new kid, grandkid, a new vehicle or pet. Some may have moved to a new town or house. And most of us are facing the changes in season. If all else fails—a new lens or camera :rolleyes:

The choice is yours as long as you follow the Café CS rules: submissions are to be photographs taken over the next seven days and nights; maximum three shots per post, but there is nothing to stop you making more than one post; all to be "safe"; and the golden rule - have fun doing it. I'm sure samples are not really needed but some archival shots to help motivate those creative juices!

1. Retirement means never having to apologize for a mid-day nap!
Belg552_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Covid means more solo entertainment.
Ella_01.jpg

3. Covid/retirement/fall is best enjoyed with a warm drink and comforting fire.

Meme11-005-sharpen-sharpen.jpg

Now get shooting!

PS: Happy vacation, Klaus!

That warm drink looks good. And I completely sympathise with the first pic and like that your good lady found a mono jigsaw to take on. Haven't seen one of those over here. Does that sound repetitive?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup, my CFO is a puzzle addict. I even gave her a copy of Café member Mark Sykes' stunning shot of the Oxford Camera that he turned into a jigsaw puzzle.

Starting at midnight tonight (Wednesday, September 30, 2020, wherever you are, and for the following week the next (ending exactly a week later) CS #717 will study the 'The New Normal'.

All of us are facing the changes and challenges wrought by Covid. Many are facing the challenges and opportunities of a new retirement. Others may have a new spouse, a new kid, grandkid, a new vehicle or pet. Some may have moved to a new town or house. And most of us are facing the changes in season. If all else fails—a new lens or camera :rolleyes:

The choice is yours as long as you follow the Café CS rules: submissions are to be photographs taken over the next seven days and nights; maximum three shots per post, but there is nothing to stop you making more than one post; all to be "safe"; and the golden rule - have fun doing it. I'm sure samples are not really needed but some archival shots to help motivate those creative juices!

1. Retirement means never having to apologize for a mid-day nap!
View attachment 1670986

2. Covid means more solo entertainment.
View attachment 1670987

3. Covid/retirement/fall is best enjoyed with a warm drink and comforting fire.

View attachment 1670988

Now get shooting!

PS: Happy vacation, Klaus!
Thanks, Nick, for hosting yet again. Excellent theme, with 3 terrific examples above. Your 1st looks like a bishop waiting for the pawns to be arrayed first on the chess board!

Hi Nick. Interesting theme. I promised myself I’d become more active on the Cafe and hope this will be more achievable than the Humour from a couple of weeks ago, that stumped me.

Pending approval ...

Popped in to this place today. They were obviously hoping for more customers than were present on this occasion and I really hope they get them.

The Cheese Shop by warth man, on Flickr

Take Away by warth man, on Flickr

Lots of very tasty cheeses, all carefully selected from small, traditional makers. Under Covid-19 restrictions only two customers at a time can go into the shop and the café tables are spaced well apart. The take away service has become self-service. They have always been dependent on passing trade as they are out in the countryside, although alongside a main road. Here's hoping the new normal will see business build back up to the levels they need and, I think, deserve.

I have always been one to stock up on staples every fall when our local store has a case goods sale. We don't eat canned foods as much as we used to. I like fresh foods much better. But, I decided that it can't hurt to have some basics in my storage room and bought a few cases of food at the case lot sale yesterday. I've got to put it all away, today. Those empty shelves at the start of the Covid lockdown were sort of scary, although I had plenty of food put away for just that purpose.

My wife has always insisted that we stash small amounts of canned goods and bottled water. That's despite that we live in an area that rarely gets a hurricane, tornado, earth quake, flood, fire or massive snow storm. Indeed, in the nearly 50 years I've lived here, I don't think we've been without electricity for more than two days, three at the most. My wife doesn't have a middle name but she has an imaginary middle initial: "W" for worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom