CS #717 - The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last day of this CS and we, at least, are hoping that these pics show a new normal for us. This is Casper, my wife's horse for over 25 years now, so he's getting on. Since Monday he, and we, have been fighting his fourth bout with colic. It is a really tough illness for a horse and each time we feared we might lose him but, thankfully, once again he appears to have pulled through with a lot of help from our local equine vets. And, it must be said, loads of love and attention and just sitting with him for hours, well into the night, by my wife. For much of the time he has been flat out in pain, so it's truly great to see him up and about again like this, this morning. I know I didn't get the shutter speed right for the last pic but I liked it anyway.

50429803263_e153a5d96c_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Casper by warth man, on Flickr

50430666717_ae1a95bb49_c.jpg
Casper 2 by warth man, on Flickr

50430666812_f9592efede_c.jpg
Casper 3 by warth man, on Flickr

Last day of this CS and we, at least, are hoping that these pics show a new normal for us. This is Casper, my wife's horse for over 25 years now, so he's getting on. Since Monday he, and we, have been fighting his fourth bout with colic. It is a really tough illness for a horse and each time we feared we might lose him but, thankfully, once again he appears to have pulled through with a lot of help from our local equine vets. And, it must be said, loads of love and attention and just sitting with him for hours, well into the night, by my wife. For much of the time he has been flat out in pain, so it's truly great to see him up and about again like this, this morning. I know I didn't get the shutter speed right for the last pic but I liked it anyway.

View attachment 1671445 Casper by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1671446 Casper 2 by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1671447 Casper 3 by warth man, on Flickr
That last photo makes me smile!!

Real Name
Paul

Very nice set, and glad to see Casper is doing better. It's tough when one of our family is sick...

Thank you Terri, Paul, Nick. Here he is again, after a few more hours:

"I'm Ok now, honest. Just give me food."
50433008317_8798d91485_c.jpg
Casper 4 by warth man, on Flickr

"Don't want photos. Just give me food."
50432148008_0872dc1532_c.jpg
Casper 5 by warth man, on Flickr

As the cost of living rises in California/Arizona, people with money and transportable jobs, buy comparatively cheap land here and build (by local standards) monstrous houses ("Starter Castles" or "Hill-Top McMansions") and drive up the cost of regional real estate. These are built just outside city limits, (what we call leap frog development) and lead to fragmented farmlands.

This one, smaller than most, has a 3 car garage in the main house, room for 3 more plus a tractor for winter plowing, in the shop building) and the poor RV lives outside. Yup, the new normal in the west, sigh!

View attachment 1671369
We're seeing some of that out here too, Nick; lots of folks moving out from the Front Range, etc. Beautiful light in this one.

I hope that Casper will be with you two for a very long time, Ron. Did you ask him to "Say Cheese!" in the 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom