CS #718 - Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends -

I look forward to seeing your photos of metal-containing objects this week, whether large or small, or indoors or out, including subjects that might have only a bit of metal. A tin foil hat (to ward off those pesky conspiracy theories!) would surely qualify, as would a lead pipe or other heavy metal examples - RIP Eddie Van Halen. The usual CS rules apply again: post photos taken from 12:01 a.m. Thursday October 8 through 11:59 p.m. Wednesday October 14 in your local time; please limit to 3 shots per post (unlike my 4 examples added below!), but post as often as possible - even in the midst of our Octoberfest. As always, shots that manage to "stretch" the theme will be especially welcomed.

Several archival snaps from past Collective Shoots are attached to kick things off. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with!

Rocks and minerals such as Mica contain a bunch of different metallic ions:

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Don't "weight" to start shooting . . .

original.jpg

. . . because the window to contribute to this CS will close late next Wednesday.

original.jpg

And I just couldn't resist showing some of my favorite metals:

original.jpg

Last edited:
Friends -

I look forward to seeing your photos of metal-containing objects this week, whether large or small, or indoors or out, including subjects that might have only a bit of metal. A tin foil hat (to ward off those pesky conspiracy theories!) would surely qualify, as would a lead pipe or other heavy metal examples - RIP Eddie Van Halen. The usual CS rules apply again: post photos taken from 12:01 a.m. Thursday October 8 through 11:59 p.m. Wednesday October 14 in your local time; please limit to 3 shots per post (unlike my 4 examples added below!), but post as often as possible - even in the midst of our Octoberfest. As always, shots that manage to "stretch" the theme will be especially welcomed.

Several archival snaps from past Collective Shoots are attached to kick things off. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with!

Rocks and minerals such as Mica contain a bunch of different metallic ions:

View attachment 1671503

Don't "weight" to start shooting . . .

View attachment 1671504

. . . because the window to contribute to this CS will close late next Wednesday.

View attachment 1671505

And I just couldn't resist showing some of my favorite metals:

View attachment 1671506
Cool theme and great examples Eric!

What you should be taking to boost your immune system during these perilous times:

Aluminum forest (heat sink)

I know there is a Star Washer in there somewhere ...

Metal headgate on the irrigation ditch at the rear of our property. I wish I could have removed the stuck branch, but couldn't do it without getting soaked.

Hot metal.
A byproduct of ironing a shirt today :whistle:
Iron.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom