CS #718 - Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I showed these to my wife and while she liked them, she wanted to know why I shot them. Duh!
I should have mentioned that we are one of the very few people who actually use our garage to store cars! Sure there is junk, but since neither of us is into wood working etc., we have room for both cars.
Our cars are always in the garage. But Greg has a shop for his woodworking

Old Steel...
cs_718__DSC7436.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Silver Lake Post Office

With a dab of color...

Goldfinger...

This is a 42-inch diameter natural gas pipeline which is designed to carry natural gas from fracking operations in northern West Virginia to markets near the U.S. East Coast. We suspect the real purpose is for export to Europe.

The pipe sections have been lying above ground like this for two years pending litigation over environmental damage which has occurred and more that is likely to occur.

The scar on the landscape here will never be completely restored to the pristine forest it was. It is one mile from my house along my regular daily walking route.
That is so sad.

Real Name
Craig
Hi all, Mr. Catalyst invited me to post a few photos here, I think just to make sure I got out of the house for once! I have enjoyed viewing the photos in this post -- let me know if I run afoul of the ground rules. Went out today to Brevard, North Carolina and walked around... Eye is very rusty. Here is one of three on the theme. Craig C

Real Name
Craig
Hi all, Mr. Catalyst invited me to post a few photos here, I think just to make sure I got out of the house for once! I have enjoyed viewing the photos in this post -- let me know if I run afoul of the ground rules. Went out today to Brevard, North Carolina and walked around... Eye is very rusty. Here is one of three on the theme. Craig C
I can see that portrait-orientation images have an issue here. Eric, have a suggestion?

Real Name
Craig
A crosswalk button in Brevard, NC... this time I reduced the image before posting.

Real Name
Craig
And finally, one from Asheville this afternoon
(I'm being called for dinner)...

Real Name
Craig
Welcome CH. I have relatives in Brevard, and have visited there a few times, many years ago.
I like what you posted—what are your shooting with?
Hi Nick, it is a small world, yes? Wish I had the pleasure to have visited Idaho! While I have a Coolpix in the closet, these were taken with a Canon SL3, which I got just to have an ultra-lightweight DSLR to walk around with. I was really tempted to get a Nikon 3500 at the time, and it was a close call, but in the end, it was about being able to use legacy lenses. Eric gave me dispensation to post here today, even though I have a Canon...

Now that I have an account I can go back over these posts and admire/comment! Thanks, Craig

Real Name
Craig
I know there is a Star Washer in there somewhere ...

View attachment 1671544
Hey, I say Plus-One for having the sockets in the same tray as the socket wrench! (Doesn't it always take like 5 minutes of sorting through sockets to find the right socket for the job?) You are brave to offer others a peek into your toolbox -- mine is a big mess. PS Yours is the second bicycle wrench I've ever seen, besides my own.

Real Name
Craig
Took me all day Friday to catch up from 3 days of Zoom conferencing—clean, meal planing, fix, organize and all those things that changing seasons dictate.

1. Aluminum/Aluminium garage door. Wonder what's behind it? Maybe tomorrow will tell . . .

View attachment 1671698
Hope there's no "victim" (or nice machine) behind that door that caught that bullet! :)

Real Name
Craig
Today, my family had a "retirement" dinner for me, with BBQ baby back ribs, beans, mixed veg, coleslaw, and for dessert, apple pie with ice cream (my favorite). Early on, they had some "happy hour" snacks, including some cheeses and meats...
View attachment 1671717
Did a quick shot of the knife near the Cranberry Stilton cheese, before it was devoured...
Nice perspective on this. Everything flows to the center of attention. Plus the colors of the tablecloth so nicely complement those of the cheese and sausage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom