CS #720 - Silhouettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be a little late kicking this one off. I don't recall having seen a CS for this subject before but I'm almost certainly wrong. Anyway, it's pretty straightforward - we want to see your photographs of silhouettes. A couple of oldies here just to whet your appetite. Rules are the usual - pics to be taken between now and midnight your own time next Wednesday; no more than three pics per post; etc etc. I look forward to seeing what you come up with and hope you enjoy the week.

Dunure Castle 26oct2011 by warth man, on Flickr

Landy goes to bed by warth man, on Flickr

Sunrise 16oct2013 - portrait version by warth man, on Flickr

Beautiful examples, Ron. Τηισ ισ νοτ θσθαλλυ μυ κινδ οφ σθβξεψτ, βθτ ιτ ςιλλ βε γοοδ φορ με το γιωε ιτ α τρυ.

Oops! Hit the wrong key combo and my keyboard reverted to Greek. I said that silhouettes are not a common subject for me but it will be good for me to give it a try.

Sorry to be a little late kicking this one off. I don't recall having seen a CS for this subject before but I'm almost certainly wrong. Anyway, it's pretty straightforward - we want to see your photographs of silhouettes. A couple of oldies here just to whet your appetite. Rules are the usual - pics to be taken between now and midnight your own time next Wednesday; no more than three pics per post; etc etc. I look forward to seeing what you come up with and hope you enjoy the week.

View attachment 1672550Dunure Castle 26oct2011 by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1672551Landy goes to bed by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1672552Sunrise 16oct2013 - portrait version by warth man, on Flickr
Great examples and fun theme! Will try to sneak in some time for shots.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beautiful examples, Ron. Τηισ ισ νοτ θσθαλλυ μυ κινδ οφ σθβξεψτ, βθτ ιτ ςιλλ βε γοοδ φορ με το γιωε ιτ α τρυ.

Oops! Hit the wrong key combo and my keyboard reverted to Greek. I said that silhouettes are not a common subject for me but it will be good for me to give it a try.
I was truly impressed that you could speak like that!

Sure not a day here for shooting silhouettes -- early-morning fog still lingering over the lake and around the Northern Virginia area.....the sun is struggling to burn off the fog but not having much luck so far!
You might have to get indoor creative again Connie! Hope so. Your last ones were good.

Well, in the fog even cormorants look grey! Only the yellowish-orange area around his beak offers a hint of color and show that this is not a B&W shot. Not quite a silhouette, but close.... Shot earlier this morning. Now the sun is out and everything is bright and colorful again!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wet and totally overcast yesterday and today has started the same. So I was only about a foot from the doorway on the sheltered side of my house when I took this shot:

Autumn Ash by warth man, on Flickr

I might try venturing a little further later on.

Real Name
Bill Walderman
An experiment -- not the best. Last night in Alexandria. Tried to capture the color of the Red Planet.
_WJW8239.jpg

In East Tennessee...
its the Lions and spiders and BEARS, one has to watch out for:

My front porch decorations for the season​

Thanks Nick. I thought they were following like sheep. An orderly queue though. And I was lucky with the clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom