CS #720 - Silhouettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather has been rough for trying to get silhouettes for the past two days, but I was able to finagle a shot today...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well done Paul. Is that a shopping arcade?
It's a walkway between two quarter circle shaped buildings that are part of the Marketplace Center and are next to the famous Quincy Market (a food hall). There are many restaurants and shops in that historic area in downtown Boston MA. I've got a couple of shots of some of the famous buildings in that area, under the three posts in the Oktoberfest bucket, starting at https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/2020-octoberfest-bucket.324477/page-6#post-4122195

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sun? What is that? :) Haven't seen the sun in days...
We've been seeing it occasionally. At the moment, though, we are still under the deluge that began shortly after my last pic. Such fun! For some of us Paul, you and I anyway, it seems I couldn't have happened upon a worse week for silhouettes. Fleeting opportunities only.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beautiful shot! With me traveling to different towns to shoot, it seems the sun is always peaking out, while I'm on the road and not when I hit the destination. :(
Thanks Paul. Today is worse than yesterday, if anything. Unrelenting darkness and rain. I hope someone, somewhere, is having better luck. It would be good to see a few more.

I've tried several times to get a good photo for this theme without success. I had a folder full of possibilities but none satisfied me, so I deleted them.

But thanks for giving me the mental flossing. It was a good exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom