CS #724 - Doors and Windows

I completely agree with your sentiments re the first door Nick and that second is really quirky. My wife's sister has a similar one in her house but it is just a cupboard. No one knows why it is there or why it was installed at such a height. Perhaps it was to keep the wine away from under-21-y-o's?
When the wine store opened a year ago, they removed the ceiling (the floor that went with that high door) so the front of the store was more airy and open. They left the door, which is actually bricked up on the other side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When the wine store opened a year ago, they removed the ceiling (the floor that went with that high door) so the front of the store was more airy and open. They left the door, which is actually bricked up on the other side.
I guess it's possible that sister-in-law's mystery door may have had the same origins. They live in the bottom half of what is a big, rambling old house which underwent a fair bit of remodelling (decades ago) to create the present separate upstairs and downstairs dwellings.

My condo unit was used as a display model when the community was first being built, as this was the first building. Midway up, at nearly eye level on one wall in the living room I have an apparently random plate covering some sort of either electrical wiring or perhaps phone line wiring (never have taken off the plate to look). Fortunately I have a tall piece of furniture that nicely conceals it from view. All I can think is that at the time they had the model set up they had something plugged in there, maybe something with a short cord, maybe the item was perhaps on a shelf..... Rather odd, really.

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Door and lots of windows -- Old Executive Office Building, 28/2.8 AIS
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom