CS #724 - Doors and Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always nice to see old furniture. I had to look up "Sellers cabinet" though. Once again, CS proves to be a learning platform.

My house is a mix of old and new, with a few antiques plus more current furniture.... I bought this cabinet at the time I was getting ready to move in here because there was no pantry closet in the kitchen here and I knew I'd need more storage space than the usual kitchen cabinets provided. I'd been spoiled by the pantry we had in the townhouse. One day I was wandering through an antiques mall and spotted this cabinet, commonly referred to as a "Hoosier" cabinet, "Sellers" being the brand name, and knew at once that this was it. Immediately purchased it and arranged with the shop to hold on to it until I had actually moved in here a few weeks later. That all worked out perfectly and I've been very happy with this ever since. I use it for canned and jarred items, some items in bags, and the drawers for various items that are larger and bulkier than would fit in the regular silverware drawers with the dividers. The bottom, which is pretty spacious, is convenient for storing large bowls and other items that I don't use often but still want to have available. This freed up the regular kitchen cabinets for my everyday dishes and such. I love my Hoosier cabinet and it gets used every day!

At times it has also served as a support for a tabletop shot or a shot of a vase of flowers..... I pull out the built-in "table," prop a foam core board or Replica Surfaces Board against the cabinet doors, put the subject on the table, and fire away....

Real Name
Paul
Garage Door
cs_724__DSC7901.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Paul
French Doors...
cs_724__DSC7902.jpg

cs_724__DSC7904.jpg

Tried an off-center look.

Real Name
Paul
Another rainy day...
cs_724__DSC7906.jpg

cs_724__DSC7909.jpg

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Bill, you're finding some really interesting subjects and I like all of these. The one with the camera in the window is my favourite here because I find myself returning to it again and again to see what else is in that room. Great mono treatment too.

Thank you, Ron.

SEA FOOD STEAKS SPAGHETTI
_WJW9181.jpg

Too bad there wasn't a lone customer. I could call it Hopperesque.

Leo stepped out for breakfast.
Took the opportunity to snap a pic of his "ride"

DSC_0001.jpg

He has a habit of leaving the doors open and windows rolled down

Real Name
Paul
They look very new Paul.
Yeah, just a month old. Six year old refrigerator had ice maker fail about 3 years ago, and then recently starting seeing items in freezer melting and wasn't holding temp. :( Quickly put frozen items in full sized freezer we have, placed items in coolers and in cold, 3 season porch, and picked out another refrigerator/freezer for the kitchen that was in stock, so we could have it quickly.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Storefront window in Old Ellicott City, Maryland.

Nikon Z7 + Nikkor Z 24-70/4 S
Capture One Pro for processing

EC35F8D5-7A7E-463A-B75E-559F23054E1B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom