CS #724 - Doors and Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Bill Walderman
Stable door. Plus horse awaiting grooming.

View attachment 1674465 Stable Door by warth man, on Flickr
That's a nice capture, Ron. Beautiful horse. And mono treatment works perfectly. Is that on your dog walk?

I live in a boring suburban subdivision. It's not unattractive, but there is not much that excites me to photograph. And I've lived here since 1977, so I've seen enough of it. I go over to the historic part of Alexandria, or else into Washington DC or to a park to walk my dog and take photos in areas where there is more of interest to see and shoot. With early sunsets now I end up walking late in the afternoon and evening, after my dog has had a chance to play in the park. That usually means prowling the streets for material after dark. "Doors and windows" is a theme that has been well suited to my modus operandi.

This abandoned schoolhouse...

_Z504253.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

has a double door:

_Z504254.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Boys on one side, girls on the other? Who knows?

That's a nice capture, Ron. Beautiful horse. And mono treatment works perfectly. Is that on your dog walk?

I live in a boring suburban subdivision. It's not unattractive, but there is not much that excites me to photograph. And I've lived here since 1977, so I've seen enough of it. I go over to the historic part of Alexandria, or else into Washington DC or to a park to walk my dog and take photos in areas where there is more of interest to see and shoot. With early sunsets now I end up walking late in the afternoon and evening, after my dog has had a chance to play in the park. That usually means prowling the streets for material after dark. "Doors and windows" is a theme that has been well suited to my modus operandi.

Thanks Bill. No, not on the dog walk. He's my wife's horse and the stable is just over the yard.

Your "prowling the streets" has worked out well. I would have been doing the same but we're not allowed to just now. Next week I could!

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I love the "Not Open" variation on the theme.
Thanks! Sadly this is in Old Town Ellicott City, Maryland which was hit with a 1000 year floor twice in two years. OEC as we call it is an old mill town built on the bank of a smaller river just above where it joins a larger one. It is a sort of "hollow" between two really tall hills. Over development on the hill tops in recent years has left no green space to absorb water so runoff has created these terrible flooding. The county has purchased some of the historic 1800's buildings and will level them. It is really sad. This little town has such charm with a great history of attracting small businesses that thrive here. How well it survives remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom