CS #725 - Free theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now the film (or is it a TV series?) "The Queen's Gambit" has been creating a lot of interest in Chess, due both to the subject matter itself and also to the fine acting in the show. I haven't seen it yet myself but keep reading rave comments about it.
Haven't seen it either, but I know that Norway has been televising matches with record-breaking audiences. Who knew?

Had a nice winter hike today. My daughter's family has had covid. They all had a mild case and everyone is well and finished with their quarantine now. It was fun seeing them today. The z50 was a perfect hiking companion and the kit lens did a great job. Here are a couple of the kids.View attachment 1674634
View attachment 1674633
Excellent as usual, Terri. And it does look like winter there.

Pardon me for being in the slow group, but I don't catch the significance of this. Of course the passport and the money are obvious, but why the starfish? And why four identical photos in a collage?

Probably something in popular culture that I'm ignorant of.
Good questions Pa.

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Another walk with my dog along Accotink Creek

Another walk with my dog along Accotink Creek
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Real Name
Ken St John
While at the Bloedel Reserve this past weekend (see a couple of threads in Landscapes for more info ...), we ran accross this interesting tree stump. Looks like it had been blown over in some storm, and maybe hit by lightning at some time. There was certainly no sign of fire damage anywhere around, so I don't think this happened as part of a forest fire.

1 - In color

2 - And, in B&W

Personally, I think this is one of those images that doesn't gain much impact from a B&W conversion ... color is better!! What do y'all think?

Cheers!!

Ken

While at the Bloedel Reserve this past weekend (see a couple of threads in Landscapes for more info ...), we ran accross this interesting tree stump. Looks like it had been blown over in some storm, and maybe hit by lightning at some time. There was certainly no sign of fire damage anywhere around, so I don't think this happened as part of a forest fire.

1 - In color
View attachment 1674760
2 - And, in B&W
View attachment 1674761
Personally, I think this is one of those images that doesn't gain much impact from a B&W conversion ... color is better!! What do y'all think?

Cheers!!

Ken
I like the color much better... it conveys the information better about the type of damage done.

Paris Mountain under a dark sky

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Accotink sunset

Whistling past the graveyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom